Being Stalked by Multiple Villains Because You Lied To Them Once : A Guide

Lucas is a hero, called 'The Mage'.

Boring name, but he didn't decide on it. Sue someone else.

His roommate, Athanasia, his crush, turned out to be a villain, Alvar.

And, Lucas is AWARE of how cliche this is- but he sincerely believes he can change her.

That sounds terrible, but hear him out!

Athanasia was forced into villainy by her uncle (which, rude) and has to keep committing the crimes she does to keep her father alive.

She cares too much for people, objects, places. She cares much more than she should, and honestly needs to learn the definition of 'vacation'.

Athanasia works with her cousin Jennette and her cousin's fiance, Ijekiel, who are ALSO villains, but once again, evil uncle strikes so..

Yeah.

One day, after a tough battle that DIDN'T involve Athanasia, Lucas arrived home super late. Like, around midnight late.

He was lucky he had changed out of his hero suit, because Lucas walked in to see Athanasia sitting on a chair, looking disappointed.

"Where were you?"

"I- uh.." Lucas blinked. "I was with Ijekiel."

"Wanna try again?" Ijekiel walked in the room, his eyes judging Lucas.

Athanasia's frown deepened. "Lucas, where did you get those injuries?"

"Um-"

"Lucas is injured?!" Jennette poked her head out of the room, concerned.

"I-"

"Is that blood?!"

Lucas started sweating. He couldn't be outed like this.

"I got mugged!" Lucas yelped out. The three villains looked at him, stunned. "It sucked! Everything hurts! So give! Me! A moment!"

Athanasia scuttled over, worrying over Lucas's wounds (which totally did not make him feel fuzzy inside, nope-) before dragging him over to the couch.

Jennette walked over with a medkit, which Athanasia gratefully accepted before tending to Lucas's wounds, scolding him.

"Be more careful next time!"

"I will, Athy. I will."

~

Next time Lucas was out and about, he was sitting on a rooftop when Athanasia- no, Alvar, in her villain suit, landed next to him.

"Are you here to cause trouble?" Lucas snorted. Glancing over though, he could see the girl wasn't in the mood.

"Have you seen a male, a bit taller than me, black hair and red eyes?"

"Um- no?"

Alvar frowned, looking away. "He's a friend, and was mugged recently. I wanna protect him."

"I.. I'll keep an eye out for him."

"Thank you. Maybe, next time we fight, I'll go easy on you."

Lucas smiled, watching Alvar depart, before taking out his phone and creating a new email.

Dear Hero Headquarters,

I, unfortunately, have my identity compromised. I wish for a week or two off so I can lay low, and hopefully remove any suspicions on me.

I will inform you if anything happens.

Lucas

Nodding to himself, Lucas got up before heading back to his apartment flat.

Changing out of his costume, he smiled before heading inside.

To which he was immediately tackled by Athanasia.

"Where were you!?"

"I.. went on a walk?"

"Idiot! Scum! Moron! You were mugged yesterday, and you go on a walk?!"

"..yeah..?"

Athanasia scowled, turning away and walking toward the kitchen. Mumbling under her breath on how stupid Lucas was at times.

Lucas chuckled, following the girl. Athanasia was still fuming, aggressively making dinner. Lucas was kind of worried for the chopping board, actually.

"If it makes you feel better, I can stay home for the next one or two weeks?"

Athanasia stopped chopping. "That.. yeah, would make me feel better."

~

The next few weeks were domestic, positive, normal.

It was odd.

Allowing his body to relax, without the need to tense up at every corner.

Athanasia's habit to wake up at 3 AM, desperately scribbling down a story idea.

Jennette popping in at random intervals, baking in their kitchen for around an hour, before disappearing again.

Ijekiel, practically becoming a glowstick with how often he hunches over for Jennette.

It was nice.

But Lucas noticed that whenever he tried to leave the apartment, for groceries or meeting up with pupils (heroes in training), at least one of the three will insist on tagging along.

Or a pair of eyes watching him from the distance.

It was odd.

But he figured it was nothing.

~

Athanasia frowned, peering down at Lucas.

She wasn't allowed to do much, thanks to her uncle's rules, so Athanasia was on thin ice.

It was only when Lucas got jumped, did she realize that maybe, just maybe, she was in love with the idiot.

It's not paranoia if someone is truly out to get the one's you love.

Athanasia doesn't like the day. It was too revealing, to bright, to sunny. She had always preferred the night more. The shadows were like a comforting blanket, offering her comfort when the light crept to the corners of the Earth, sleeping away.

But Lucas was light. And for him, she was willing to step out of her comfort zone.

~

A/N : hi