Waking Up To You

Modern, Domestic! Lucathy

~

Athanasia wakes up at 3AM in the morning, clatters of pots and pans coming from the kitchen. Yawning, the blonde sleepily slunk out of bed. Leaving her room and entering the rest of the apartment, Athanasia looks over and sees her best friend. 

Lucas.

They met when they were both very young, Lucas being a year older than her. Started off as strangers, to friends, and now roommates.

"Morning, Lucas." Athanasia smiled, her words a bit slurred. Lucas glanced over from- whatever he was doing, and smiled.

"Hello."

"What're you.."

"I'm baking. Want some?"

"Yes, please."

Sitting down on a stool, Athanasia observed what Lucas was baking. Bread, brownies, and cake.

The blonde hummed. "Stress baking?"

"Yeeep."

Athanasia nodded, placing her head into her arms.

It was nice, being able to wake up and see her best friend. To be able to call each other out on the other's weird habits, movie nights, fighting over the kitchen..

Oh.

Oh.

Lucas has always been there for her, even through her weird crush phase for the top student. Athanasia has always felt comfortable around Lucas, to the point where others found it odd.

Internally groaning, Athanasia was glad her face was hidden.

She... oh god.

Oh, no, no, no, no-

"You good?"

Athanasia snapped back upward, looking up at the now done pastries in front of her. Lucas was now working on a pie, sending a curious look Athanasia's way.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

How was she going to face Lucas now?