Chapter Six

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

Work this week has been hectic, after the data breach that Weston mentioned on Sunday. Things had gone into carnage, Weston was in meetings upon meetings and then calls upon calls. I didn't have a spare moment to see him in the last four days.

I could see how stressed he was, how little he was sleeping. Bags built up under his eyes and it hurt to see, his company was his baby and now he was in deep shit with a lot of clients and contractors.

Theo kept telling me to calm down and that Weston and Fred would sort this out but seeing your boyfriend in distress is going to upset you, of course it is. Wishing that you could do something to make it all better but this was completely out of my depth. I had no idea how bad the breach actually was, if people would end up taking the company to court or it was something they could fix.

The moral at work was low, no one really spoke much. Attempting not to piss off Weston before he hit the roof, literally. I think we all wanted to help in a way and sitting down in silence and getting on with our work was the best way to show him this.

As much as I wanted to see Weston, I didn't want to smother him if he didn't want the affection right now. Maybe he was far too tense for any form of love, which I understood but I still wanted to just give him a hug and tell him things would work themselves out.

Before the end of the day Weston and Fred leave the office to attend an important meeting, we all leave on time and I wanted nothing more than to hear his voice and ask if he was okay. Realistically, I knew that he wouldn't be but I just wanted to know.

When I jam my keys into my apartment door later that evening, Valentina was cooking up something that smelt delicious and made my stomach growl angrily.

"Hey," she waves the spatula she was holding at me.

"Hey," I smile back as I shrug off my coat and bag, dumping them onto the floor and waltzing towards the countertop. "What you making?"

"Risotto," she grins back at me. "You want some?"

"Yes please," I nod eagerly. "I'm so hungry, work has been so long."

"Oh yeah," Vee frowns. "How's Weston?"

I shrug. "I dunno, I haven't really spoke to him for a few days. He's been so busy and I don't want to bother him. They might be in a lot of legal trouble so I don't want to distract him from anything he's doing."

"He'll probably want to hear from you Micah," Valentina nods towards me as she places the spatula back into pot on the hob. "He's head over heels for you and I know for a fact that if I was having a bad day, I'd want to hear from the love of my life. No matter what is going on."

I chew on the inside of my mouth at her words. "I guess," I nod. "I just don't want him to think I'm bothering him at all."

"He won't," she shakes her head vigorously. "He's probably dying to hear your voice, he needs some normality in his life if he's had a hectic few days."

"Yeah that's true," I eventually agree. "Maybe I'll call him after dinner."

"It'll be ready in like five minutes," she tells me and I hum in approval. "Oh by the way, there is a letter for you on the table."