Chapter Eight

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

"But that is not what they said to me," I growl out to Fred across the phone, pacing up and down my apartment. "I have no idea why they're lying but something is going on and we need to find out what."

Fred sighs on the other line. "Weston, there is going to be a lot of legal work and rights to be able to track this down."

"But if we don't then we are at threat, again." I say sternly. "I'm not going through what we went through last week, we lost so many vital clients because they don't trust us. If we can't get to the bottom of this then we are as dumb as we look."

A snort comes from Fred. "We don't look dumb," he responds.

My fingers dig into my eyes as I pinch my bridge. "Oh my God Fred, that is not the point."

"I'm going to be honest with you Weston, I'm tired. Talking about this now is honestly just making me feel exhausted, can we discuss this tomorrow when we are both well rested and thinking straight?" He suggests and I lean down onto the kitchen island.

"Problems don't just go away overnight, I have so much riding on this Fred. The company, my employees." I tell him, my voice raising slightly.

Fred sighs again before I hear the front door being opened, turning my attention towards Micah as he strolls through the apartment. Dropping his bag and belongings down onto the floor, an expression that I couldn't read on his face.

"But it's not going to get any better if we keep trying when we are sleep deprived and frustrated," he speaks through the phone.

"Fine," I tell him and Fred agrees.

"Alright, well we'll arrange a call for tomorrow." He tells me.

"Okay, speak then." I say before pulling my phone away from my ear and cutting the call instantly.

Turning my attention to Micah as he waltzes over to the island and perches down onto one of the island stools. "Everything okay?" He questions as he narrows his eyes towards me slightly.

I hum in response. "I don't want to talk about it right now," my head begins to shake. "You're here now and that's all I care about."

Micah's eyes flick between mine as he nods. "What's up?" I question as I move closer to him, his expressions making me feel concerned.

His throat swallows harshly as he looks up at me, his hands clasped together tightly. "I know there is a lot going on with you right now..." he trails off. "I don't want to make you more mad, but you need to know."

"Know what?" I say in response.

He exhales a breath sharply. "Estella is still here."

For a moment I just stare back at him, trying to digest his words. Parting my lips to speak but nothing comes out, confused to the core.

"What?" I say quietly.

Micah nods slowly. "I went to go and collect my parcel from the lockers like a few minutes from my house," he continues. "And then when I shut the locker door she was just standing there."