Chapter Twenty

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

Mondays seemed depressing when the weather outside was torrential. My office door was open, watching as people walk in with dripping umbrellas and wet coats. Leaving a trail of damp floor throughout the office.

I sigh and look directly out the window, an array of grey clouds scattering the sky. Thick rain pouring down on London town, the sound of horns blaring at each other.

Not even wanting to imagine how busy the roads were currently.

My wrist flicks up to look at the time, it was past nine o'clock and most people were currently in the office and at their computers already.

I had a meeting in twenty minutes which I had already prepared for. Theo was assisting me to pitch a new idea for an event in the summer, our biggest one to date. I knew for a fact I would be bringing Micah in to help for this one but we needed the foundations first before we started working on it.

Pushing up from my desk chair and walking through the office towards Micah and Theo's desk, my eyes narrow when I notice that neither of them were there. Theo's desk had a coffee placed down by the keyboard and a brown splodge of split liquids beside the mouse.

Lauren and Abi smile towards me as I approach their desks. "Where is Micah and Theo?" I ask instantly.

"Theo's just in the bathroom," Lauren explains. "Spilt his coffee like an idiot. Not sure about Micah though."

I breathe out silently as I loop around their desks and glance over at Micah's. His chair was neatly tucked underneath, his mouse or keyboard in perfect position and no bag on the floor.

My throat clears as I dig out my phone instantly and click on Micah's contact. "Can you tell Theo to come to my office when he's done?" I direct to Lauren.

"Sure thing," she nods as she taps away at her keyboard.

"Thanks," I say. "Have a good day guys."

"You too Weston," Abi smiles before taking a sip of her water bottle.

I avert my gaze back to my phone and click on the call button, raising to my ear as I stroll back over to my office. Listening to the dial tone ring and ring until it goes to voicemail.

My eyebrows pull down into a deep frown as I slide into my desk chair and touch the trackpad of my laptop. Instantly logging onto our online annual leave booking system, checking if Micah had booked the day off.

His calendar was clear, no days booked off.

I raise my hand to my chin and hum in confusion, maybe his alarm didn't go off?

But he is never late for work. Never.

"You wanted me?" Theo's voice stirs me from my thoughts as I look up at him.

My eyes instantly gravitating the brown stain on his blue shirt. "You need a bib," I joke and Theo laughs in return.

"True," he shrugs.

"Have you heard from Micah at all?" I question as Theo walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Oh yeah!" He breathes out harshly like he forgot to mention something important.

"What?" I lean forward onto my desk with my elbows.

Theo digs through his trouser pocket for his phone as he flicks through his messages. "Valentina text me this morning to say that Micah isn't very well," he speaks as his eyes read through the words on the screen.