Bonus Chapter: Weston and Micah in five years time

WESTON LOCKE

"Micah, are we really doing this?" I huff out as I pop the door open of his car and step out onto the pavement.

He copies my actions then quirks a brow, locking the car door with his key. "Are you backing out on this now?"

"No but I just want to make sure that we are one hundred percent sure that we want to go through with this," I say as I walk beside him. "This is a big commitment and we need to be ready for it."

Micah rests his head onto my arm and smiles. "The fact you're thinking this deeply into it is cute," he chuckles. "How many times have we gone over this and spoken about it?"

I purse my lips and nod. "Loads."

"Exactly." He says before slipping his hand into mine gently. "So there is no harm going in there and just checking a few things out, if it's not for us then it's not for us."

My lips fight a smile and I squeeze his warm hand. "I guess you're right," I exhale.

Micah's blue eyes flick up to mine. "I'm always right and I know this is going to be good for us."

"Let's hope so," I lean over to press a kiss to the top of his head.

I let Micah guide us to the location, it's not far from the car but I can't fight the nerves inside me. Not sure why exactly I feel nervous because we haven't agreed on anything, we had said that we would just check things out. Have a conversation and then make those important directions.

My fingers press to the entrance door and I allow Micah in, he thanks me and we make our way into the reception.

The blonde receptionist glances at us and her eyes light up almost instantly. "Welcome to the Farm Fields Animal Sanctuary. Do you have an appointment today?"

Micah nods. "Yes, for eleven o'clock. Under the name Micah."

She taps away at the computer and the results are drawn. "Perfect," she clicks the mouse. "Lucia will be right out to show you round."

"Thanks," I tell her and we perch at the end of the row of seats.

Micah slides in next to me and I gently grip his knee. "Are you nervous?" He asks.

I turn my head and flick my eyes between his, that smile on his lips makes me want to kiss him. "Yes, aren't you?"

"Excited more," his shoulders raise. "It's feels so real being here now."

"Micah Bleu?"

Our heads turn to the attention of a dark haired woman and a clipboard. We stand up and shake her hand, introducing ourselves. "Well, I've got written here," she glances down at the paper. "That you're looking for a dog."

"Yes," Micah's voice is loud.

She grins back at him and nods. "Well we have plenty of dogs here, all shapes, sizes and breeds. What exactly are you looking for?"

Micah opens his mouth but I get there first. "Something small, not too much maintenance."

Lucia tilts her head gently but she continues to smile. "All dogs will need a certain amount of maintenance," she tells me. "But I see what you mean, the smaller they are, the less walking they might need and so on."

"Right."

Micah shoots me a look and I flash him a smile.

"Any kind of breed you're after?"

"No," Micah says. "We just want to meet some dogs and see if we bond with any. We don't care about the breed, size can be negotiable and whatever gender. We're not fussed as long as we get that bond."