Chapter Twenty Five

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

"I really appreciate your help Theo," I say from across our computers as I tap away at my keyboard.

Theo shakes his head at me and brushes it off. "I didn't do anything, it was all you. Just helping to stimulate your brain." He says warmly.

"Well thanks anyway for listening to my application, I hope it's alright." I mumble out before clicking a little too aggressively on the cursor.

"Micah, this role was literally made for you. It's the perfect progression for what you're doing currently, you're the best person for this job hands down." Theo leans up onto his arm chairs to give me a stern look.

I chuckle and look away for a second. "Well I'd like to think I can get it this time, it seems really interesting and I would love to be involved with things more." I admit.

"You have nothing to worry about," he dismisses me. "That application is perfect and they won't be able to look at anyone else."

"I hope so," I sigh out before sending off the application and resting back into my chair, running my fingers through the back of my hair.

It was Friday afternoon and this week has been busy as hell, email after email and then meeting after meeting. Getting a new role meant new responsibilities and becoming run off your feet with things to do, but I liked that. It made the week go faster and I never watched the clock.

"Abi and Lauren in a meeting?" I question as I look over at their vacant desks.

Theo hums. "Yeah, one about international clients. Abi will most likely cream her pants if they let her go anywhere abroad."

I snort to myself and lean for my water bottle, taking a slow sip. "Definitely, she's desperate for a work trip. Even if it was to Ireland."

"Don't diss Ireland," Theo warns me playfully.

My hands raise in defence. "Never been but it's nothing like Spain or the Bahamas."

"I'd make Weston take me on the trip if he was making business in the Bahamas." Theo says with a light chuckle.

"Me too," I nod. "I'm first on the list."

For a few moments neither of us say anything, I lean forward to look at my computer screen and drag up my emails. Luckily I didn't have a lot going on, Friday afternoons are normally quiet as everyone is exhausted from the week.

"Hey Micah," Theo says to catch my attention again before standing from his desk and looping around to sit in Abi's chair. "I just wanted to talk about what happened the other night with Vee."

My eyes spring wide, surely he's not talking about walking in on Weston and I having sex. Surely not.

"I just want to say thanks for being there for her when she rung you," he expresses before lowering his elbow down onto Abi's desk.

I huff out a breath and then instantly shuffle my chair closer, listening in to what he had to say. "She rung me like five or six times and I'm so annoyed that I didn't answer. I know I was asleep but still, what if you didn't answer? Fuck knows what could have happened to her."

My lips fall into a frown as I shake my head. "Well we don't need to think about that," I relax my voice. "You don't need to beat yourself up about not answering, let's just be relieved that I wasn't sleep yet and Weston came and helped out."

Theo nods and rests his forearms over his knees. "I'm so grateful for both of you going out there, especially after what happened before." His dark eyes wander up to mine.