Chapter Fifteen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

Pride sure was an experience and witnessing Micah have a good time was what I lived for, he looked like nothing could rain on his parade. He was thriving, watching him smile and laugh like he didn't have a care in the world. That touched my heart more than I thought.

I knew how much this event and this month meant to him, being a part of the LGBTQ+ community isn't easy for anyone. Everyone has a different story and a different path and the fact we can celebrate our freedoms to be who we want, love who we want, do what we want. I understand why people want to celebrate, it means a lot for those who come from bad backgrounds, controlling families and countries where same sex relationships and marriage are illegal.

Being gay isn't a lifestyle or a choice, it's peoples lives. It's who they are and everyone deserves happiness.

Around eleven o'clock the sun had set and the nightlife was only just beginning, only the vibrant lights from shops and bars lighting up the streets. I lightly grab onto Micah's hand as he turns to look at me, his eyes heavy but he was still full of life. "I think I'm going to make a move, I'm extremely tired." I say over the loud music and cheering.

"Okay," he nods back at me as Abel moves to his side. "I think we're going to stay."

"No worries," I shake my head as I press a kiss to his forehead. "Get a cab to mine later, alright?"

Micah nods and smiles. "I'll see you later," he grins. "Thanks for coming again."

"Don't thank me," I lean down to kiss his lips. My eyes rotate to Abel and Valentina. "Look after him, alright?"

Valentina holds her hands up. "I'm the good parent," she says in response. "We'll make sure that he gets home okay."

"I'm counting on you," I say seriously.

"You got it," she grins at me.

My hands move to cup either side of Micah's face. "Bye," I mumble against his lips as he smiles at me sweetly.

"Bye," he whispers before kissing me gently. "Love you."

"Love you too," I smile as I run my thumb over the edge of his cheekbone.

I pull away from the group and wave them goodbye, pushing my way through the crowds of people that littered the streets. Attempting to draw up Uber on my phone to get home, my eyes burned and my body ached.

Deep down I knew that I wasn't cut out for the party life anymore, I could barely hack it for a couple of hours before I felt exhausted. My younger days of going out most nights and getting drunk are definitely over.

Within a couple of minutes a car pulls up and takes me back to my apartment, still feeling slightly buzzed from today. I could easily admit that I had a great time, being a part of something so amazing felt good. Especially seeing so many people smiling and being themselves, it was heartwarming.

The streets were fairly quiet and the driver arrives at my apartment in no time. I thank him and climb out of the car. Desperate to get myself to bed, I couldn't express how much the soles of my feet hurt and the pressure raised in my calves.

Once through my apartment door I shed my clothes until I'm down to my boxers, grabbing a fresh bottle of water from the fridge and taking a big swig. Deliberately not wanting to feel like crap tomorrow, even though I didn't drink much but staying out late can take it's toll on you. Especially when you're not used to it.