Chapter Twenty One

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

Trying to sleep when your stomach is fighting you is one of the worst feelings in the world, I'd twist and shuffle beneath the sheets. Letting out a strained sigh as I tried to get comfortable.

Weston would lean over and attempt to rub my back, gently stroke my hair so that I could float back to sleep again.

His actions warmed my heart but I didn't want him sleeping in my bed, in fear that he would become ill and then he'd have to suffer this nightmare. But Weston wasn't having any of it, he refused to leave when he came back after work.

He cooked me dinner, waited on me hand and foot and then put me to bed peacefully.

If only I could sleep for longer than an hour without wincing in discomfort.

Weston sighs as I turn around to him for the hundredth time, it was still dark out, the odd car whizzing past every so often.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to Weston.

He shuffles closer and tucks me underneath his chin as he drags the edge of his fingers down my back soothingly. "Don't be sorry," his sleepy voice made me want to cry.

"I just want to sleep," I huff out as I close my eyes.

"Then sleep," he says quietly. "I've got you."

I sigh into his chest as his hold on me tightens. "I might feel better tomorrow," I mumble into his skin.

"You're not coming into work," he says straight away. "There is no way I'm going to let you do that."

My lips purse at his words, there was no way I'd be able to argue him. "Can I work from home?" I try again.

"No," he says seriously. "If you don't give yourself time to rest, you won't get better. You need to look after yourself Micah, I'm being serious."

"Okay," I say in defeat.

Weston strokes the back of my head softly, his fingers sliding through my hair. "Try and sleep," he whispers before giving my forehead a kiss.

"Will you wake me when you leave?"

"Only to give you a kiss."

"I love you," I say instantly.

"I love you too Micah."

. . .

When I woke up I felt cold, lonely and desperate for a cuddle. But when my eyes open wide I realise that's because I am alone, Weston was nowhere to be seen.

I frown and bury my head back into the pillow, wanting nothing more than to be wrapped up in his arms. He had to go to work, I knew that. He didn't even have to stay with me last night and yet he was probably exhausted from being woken up a thousand times.

Rolling over to the other side of the bed to retrieve my phone, almost gasping when I looked at the time. It was past 11AM. I must have slept for ages this morning.

Surprisingly I felt miles better than yesterday, my stomach still felt like a washing machine but at least I wasn't running to the toilet every five seconds and heaving up my guts.

My eyes then flicked down to a message that Weston had sent me at 7AM this morning.

Weston

Let me know when you're awake

Micah

I'm awake now