Chapter Twenty Seven

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

It was back to the working week quicker than I could blink, having had the best weekend with my mother, I didn't want to go back to work. In my mind I was planning on booking a week off and going to see her, do some fun things together.

She loved the show, she just loves being out in general. She never gets the chance to go out and put some makeup on, I wanted to give her some normality back into her life. No one deserved that more than her.

Wednesday rolled around quickly but only because the company as a whole was extremely busy, focusing on a new event that we have coming up in a couple weeks. Weston was definitely worked off his feet but it was all part of the job, we both knew that.

At five o'clock an email pops up on the bottom of my screen, my heart pounding when I realise that it's from HR. My hand slides across my mouse and I double click onto the pop up quicker than a flash of light.

My eyes roam over the email as it enlarges on my screen, holding my breath as I skim the words.

We are pleased to offer you the position...

"Oh my God!" I say out loud.

Theo, Lauren and Abi all peep over their screens at me. "What?" Lauren questions, seeming startled from my sudden voice.

"They offered me that job!" I exclaim with a wide grin.

"Congrats Micah!" Lauren smiles back at me.

"See, I told you!" Theo stands from his desk and closes his fist and reaches out for me. "Well done man, didn't doubt you for a second."

I examine his hand and close my own fist before bumping his. "Well done Micah," Abi tells me as I turn towards her. "You really deserve it."

"Thanks guys," I say with a never ending smile.

My body raced with all sorts of chemicals, wanting to scream it out to the whole office but I refrain. I relax back into my chair and stare back at the email, I really got it.

Who knew I was actually good at this stuff? I laugh to myself.

Soon everyone starts to pack away and we say goodbye to each other, I on the other hand was waiting for everyone to leave so I could run into Weston's office screaming with success.

After half the office had left, I push up onto my feet and walk towards his office. Knocking lightly on his shut door and entering when he tells me to come in. Once our eyes meet he instantly smiles and moves his hands away from his laptop.

"Well look who it is," he says proudly as he stands from his chair and circles his desk to reach me. "The brand new logistic analyst manager."

I hold my hands out and smile. "You're looking at him."

Weston steps forward and engulfs my body with his, inhaling his sweet cologne as I rest my head down onto his chest. "Congratulations my love," he mumbles into my shoulder. "You deserve it so much."

"Thank you," I nod gratefully as I pull away slowly.

He holds a hand to the edge of my shoulder before leaning down to steal a quick kiss from my lips. "Are you happy?" He asks.

I nod instantly. "Very happy," I confirm. "I feel so relieved, this is what I've wanted for a while now. I'm just beyond excited."

"Well, we still need to get some things set up on our end. But how does starting on Monday with your new role sound?" He questions as he leans back onto his desk, clutching onto my hand in the process.