Bonus Chapter: The Passionate Honeymoon

WESTON LOCKE

"How lucky are we?" Micah exhales a low breath as he stares out at the ocean lapping up the sand with its waves. Palm trees are blowing in the wind and there are tiny lanterns dotted around the island, glowing like little fireflies.

I give his hand a squeeze and nod. "Very lucky to be here with you."

His blue eyes find mine and he smiles. "Well it was my idea to come to the Maldives."

My lips stretch out into a wide grin. "Great choice, must I add." I bow my head in appreciation.

Micah releases a small laugh and runs his thumb across the bumps in my knuckles. "Thank God we have eight more nights here," he rests his head on his fist and stares lovingly into my eyes. "I don't want to go back to reality after this."

I watch his mouth form a cute little pout. "Me either, I bet Theo is running the company into the ground."

"He would never do that," Micah shakes his head confidently. "I'm going to have like a thousand emails but I don't even care. This place is literally heaven and I get you all to myself. Fuck, knowing that you're my husband makes my heart flutter."

"Husbands, huh," I nod with a beaming grin. "I just love the sound of it. I've been waiting far too long to call you that."

Micah tilts his head in my direction. "Then why didn't you propose sooner?"

"Because I was scared," I admit.

His mouth opens and then his brows pull down in confusion. "Scared? What would you be scared of?"

I shrug and push back into my chair but keep our fingers locked together. "It's a scary thought, getting down on one knee. Putting your heart on your sleeve and becoming completely vulnerable to the person you love. Of course I knew you wouldn't say no but still you want it to go perfectly, so much planning for a perfect couple of minutes."

"How long did it take you to plan?"

"Couple months," I draw my lip into my mouth. "I couldn't find the ring I wanted for ages, I knew what I wanted it to look like in my mind but nowhere did what I wanted. Then I stumbled across it when I walked down the road one day."

"You walked down the road rather than Darryl dropping you somewhere?" Micah flexes a shocked eyebrow.

I can't help but laugh. "Stop it," I shake my head. "You're ruining the story."

"Sorry, sorry," he nods and picks up his glass, lifting it to his lips to take a small sip.

"So I remember seeing it in the shop window and I stopped and stared, completely mesmerised and relieved for one. You have no idea how quickly I ran into the shop," I feel the warmth in my heart at the memory and Micah smiles back at me.

"Please tell me you didn't knock over any old ladies on the way?"

My head lowers and I laugh. "No, of course not. But I did almost rip the handle off the door. I walked straight up to the nearest assistant and asked to see it, when I held it in my hands I knew it was the one. Bought it that second."

"You're cute," Micah gushes.

"Only the best for you," I say, raising our hands and pressing a kiss to his knuckles. "And now you're my husband, for life. No getting away from me."

Micah runs a finger down my jaw. "Who says I want to get rid of you?"

"I certainly don't want to get rid of you, you're mine forever, Micah Locke."