Chapter Fourteen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

Weston helps to carry my bags up to my apartment after our amazing week away in Cornwall, it was the perfect amount of peace that we needed to forget about the rest of the world and focus on each other.

I jam my key into the lock and open the door, ushering ourselves in with our luggage. Valentina was stat in the living room, her makeup spread across the floor as she holds a mirror with one hand and attempts to flick some eyeliner onto her lid with the other.

"Micah!" She jumps up as soon as she sees me, engulfing my body into a large hug.

"Hey Vee," I say as I hug her back.

"Hey Weston," she waves as she gently pulls away from me, Weston partially waves back as he drops my bags to the ground. "How was your trip?"

"Amazing," I nod eagerly as Weston shuts the door behind me. "Wasn't it the best?"

Weston hums in agreement. "It was fun and so relaxing."

"Well I'm glad you guys had a good time," she grins widely before walking back to her position on the floor. "I'm so jealous, even though I didn't see one picture at all."

"What you doing today?" I question as I perch myself onto the arm of the sofa.

Her eyes widen at mine suddenly. "Are you joking?"

"No..." I trail off.

"It's Pride Micah, how could you forget?"

"Oh shit!" I shout as I stand from the sofa suddenly, unsure how this could have slipped my mind. "I haven't been with it lately Vee, shit I can't believe it's today."

"Well you better hurry up and get ready because Theo and Abel are coming over in a bit," she shakes her head at me, in disbelief that I could forget.

I turn my head to Weston who was sitting on one of the kitchen island stools. "Do you want to come?" I question.

"To what sorry?" He asks as he shakes himself out of his trance. "I zone out when Valentina speaks."

Vee gasps from across the room, she picks up a makeup brush and lobs it towards him. Weston shields himself and chuckles, making me smile along with him. "You're so annoying," she huffs out.

"It's a Pride event in London, we're just going to drink, go to the streets where the shows are. Pretty sure there are performers and that, it's a proper good day." I tell him as I move towards him.

"I mean do I look like I listen to Sister Sledge?" He raises an eyebrow at me and I tilt my head in playful annoyance.

"You don't have to be gay to listen to Sister Sledge," I tell him as I press my hands to my hips.

Weston cracks a smile. "Fine Madonna or Lady Gaga," he jokes lightly.

Valentina snorts from behind me. "What a stereotypical thing of you to say." She responds bitterly but her voice was playful.

"I know it's not really your thing West," I comment as I meet him by the stool. "The drinking and the partying but it's really important to me."

His dark eyes watch me carefully as I speak. "We've come a long way in society and the fact we can go out and celebrate this with the LGBTQ+ community and our friends. The fact that we can kiss and it be legal, that we can do what we want. That I can be who I want, I love celebrating our freedom and my happiness."