Chapter Eighteen

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

A six hour flight delay was the last thing I needed right now, I was tired, hungry and quite frankly, in desperate need of time in my apartment. I loved travelling, going off to see the world. But nothing quite beats coming home and just relaxing in your own space.

Micah was a part of that too. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle his little body and kiss his face over and over.

But yet we were slammed with a flight delay as one of the pilots fell ill. Now currently waiting for a new one, whilst on the airplane.

My legs started to cramp, wishing that we had gone business class instead. My knees were to the back of the chair in front, growing more and more frustrated as the seconds passed.

Once we were in the air I could somewhat relax, knowing that Darryl was waiting to pick me up at the airport and take me straight to my bed. As we touched down I instantly turned on my phone and dropped Micah a text, I needed to see him more than anything tonight.

Weston

Just landed

Want to come over tonight?

I need to see you

A few moments pass as the airplane comes to a halt and everyone stands to remove their luggage and get off like it was their last day on Earth. I didn't blame them at all, we all felt the same. No one spoke, no one uttered a word. Just pure silence and exhaustion.

As I grab my stuff and exit the plane, saying goodbye to Fred and a few other colleagues from work. I head straight over to luggage reclaim, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket as I look up at the screen to find out which belt our baggage would come out.

Micah

I can't:(((

I'm out with Valentina all night

Maybe tomorrow?

My heart sinks into my stomach painfully, not realising that my jaw begun to tighten. Dropping the phone to my side and keeping an eye out for my suitcase as the belt starts to move and cases falls out of the plastic flaps.

Luckily my suitcase is one of the first to come out, in which I grab it instantly and make my way to the exit. Almost collapsing when I see Darryl standing waiting for me.

He smiles in my direction and I return the gesture. "Mr Locke," he nods towards me politely. "May I take your bags?"

"Thanks Darryl," I say gratefully as he strolls off with my case.

I follow him out to the carpark and slide into the back of his car as he loads up the boot. My eyes look back down to the message that Micah last left me, feeling frustrated. After the day I had he was the only person that I wanted to see.

My thumbs hover above the screen as I look at the words once more.

Weston