Chapter Thirty

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

My body felt like it weighed a tonne as I sat slumped in the chair, staring straight ahead at the wall. My eyes were sore from the endless tears that rolled down my cheeks, sniffling every so often and attempting to wipe them away.

But my heart was breaking, nausea causing my stomach to flip in every direction.

I had no idea how to feel but right now I just felt nothing. My mind wanted to race with a million different thoughts but I forced myself not to, scared I would actually throw up from overthinking this situation.

How could I not overthink?

Did Weston really hurt Estella?

Why wouldn't he have mentioned it if it was a misunderstanding?

Fuck. I clench my eyes shut and shake my head. I didn't even want to think about that. Her beaten black and blue face floats around my mind and I whine out, God I might be sick.

"No," I mumble to myself. Trying my hardest to think of something different. "No, stop thinking about it."

Everything felt so heavy and I just wanted it all to stop. The lies, the secrets. Why did he keep this from me?

A knock at the door stirs me from my thoughts, I straighten in my seat and push away my tears once again. I couldn't quite push myself out of the chair just yet because I knew that it was Weston. He said he would come over after checking the office and now he was standing outside the flat.

I look up at the ceiling and blink quickly, trying to push away any rogue tears I had left. But it was no use, I couldn't help them as they fell down the side of my cheek.

He knocks again. "Micah?" He calls out.

My lips part as I release a shaky breath, finally pushing up from the chair grabbing the envelope on the way past. I take slow steps towards the door, gripping onto the lock and attempting to swing it open.

I can barely look up but when I do, Weston was standing in his navy blue suit. A few buttons on his shirt were undone and his tie was hanging from his neck. His eyes roam my face and he furrows his brows quickly.

"What's the matter?"

My eyes must look like I've been hit with a bat on repeat. Red and sore.

He steps forward instantly and I shake my head, holding up a hand to halt him. "Don't," I state instantly.

Weston's feet stop an inch inside my flat, his expression dropping into a confused stare. "What's going on Micah?" He questions. "Why are you crying?"

I wipe my tears and shove the envelope into his chest harshly, his hands just about catch it as he flinches slightly. His brows continue to crease as he takes a look inside and pulls out the pieces of paper, his eyes slowly scanning over the words.

Weston begins to shake his head as he glances up at me. "This isn't what it looks like." His tone drops.

"Isn't it?" I question with a humourless laugh.

"No, I didn't hurt her. I didn't do this." His voice grows louder, like he was trying to prove a point.

I fold my arms over my chest and turn away from him for a second. Walking back to the kitchen table, listening to the door shut and his footsteps follow me. "Why didn't you tell me about it?" I say as I turn back around to him.

Weston's mouth opens and then shuts, I exhale sharply through my nose. Of course, of course he had nothing to say. No explanation, nothing! My hands begin to shake with anger and I squeeze them to stop my body from vibrating.