Epilogue - The Question

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

(This is the first epilogue)

WESTON LOCKE

Two years later

Houses are a thousand times better than penthouses. You get your own garden, you can easily access furniture through your front door, you don't have to buzz in electricians or plumbers.

Houses are elite and penthouses are overrated.

Even Micah can agree.

We recently moved into a modernised house just outside of zone one, close enough to get into London and drive through the city. Even though we were still near central it was less chaotic, more peaceful. If London can be such thing.

It took us months to find something that was perfect for us, we didn't want to settle for just anything. Besides, we had my penthouse to live in whilst we looked and Micah fully moved in when Valentina and Theo found a place for themselves.

Micah was adamant that this would also help him save up so he could pitch in some money.

After selling the penthouse, I knew full well I'd be able to buy the house out right. Micah was willing to put down for a deposit but I didn't want the stress of a mortgage, I just wanted our lives to be as easy and simple as possible.

This didn't sit well with Micah, as you probably could guess. But we found an agreement, Micah would pay for furniture, decorators, renovations with the money he saved. Anything to help make our house a home.

I could give him that, it was our house after all and I wanted him to feel like he was a part of it. He felt like he had never put anything together before and thinking about designing the colour scheme and the furniture was exciting him more than I realised.

He even bought lots of books to help with organising, placement and the overall atmosphere of a home.

He took it very seriously.

Everything paid off because within three months we had a home of dreams. Micah impressed me with how well he did. I didn't see him for the interior decorator kind but he sure surprised me.

Tonight I made the decision of throwing both of us a date night in our dining room.

Micah was out with Valentina which gave me enough time to prepare, especially knowing that tonight was the night. The night I might possibly die from anxiety and nerves I had no idea I could feel.

To pop that dying question.

I lay the table with a cream tablecloth, I light candles across the table and put on a classical playlist. My fingers twist the light switch and I dim the room, enough so we could see what we would be eating.

I place a bottle of red down between the crisp white plates and the napkins and shiny cutlery.

My eyes take one glance in the mirror at the black shirt I had on, undone at the top and sleeves rolled up to my elbows. Matched with a pair of jeans and a belt. I might have gone a bit crazy on the aftershave but I needed to cover the amount I was currently sweating right now.

Soon the front door cracks open and I turn my head to the noise, brushing down my shirt and trying to cover my panicked expression.

Micah's head slips through the door and he glances up at me, the smile made my heart melt. "What's this?" He removes his jacket and hangs it over the back of a chair.