Chapter 197: Reborn Anew

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

Morning came and everyone barely got any sleep. All Might was still settling the media and busy preparing for their departure as soon as possible. They barely got any sleep though. Momo and the rest of the girls checked out of their hotel and stayed in the other room where they kept (y/n)'s body. The boys on the other hand, were in the other room adjacent to the girls room. Gray? He never left (y/n)'s side. Which concerned the group of friends. The cat didn't want to be touched or moved. He just stayed there curled up in the crook of his deceased master's corpse. 

None of them spoke to each other. It seemed as if the air just carried sadness the just kept spreading if someone were to speak a word about the incident that happened.

People in the I-Island were anxious at the roaring and monstrous growls that filled the air that early morning day. Not to mention the sudden darkening of the skies that was out of place and the blood red half moon that shined coating the landscape in red hue. Needless to say, All Might, who was present at the scene was bombarded with questions for their security to east their distraught.

Melissa came over bearing a bouquet of flowers to give to (y/n). The door to her room was left slightly open which caught her curiosity. She peaked in and saw Gray on the table curled up in the white sheet.

"Kaminari... If you try to move me again i swear ill claw your face off." The cat sighed.

"Uh.. It's just me.."

Gray glanced back and eyed Melissa before turning away retreating to his position earlier. Melissa took that as a sign that it was okay. She cautiously made her way to (y/n)'s covered body and placed the bouquet  right next to her. 

"I came to say goodbye... I heard from Uncle All Might that he was going to take you home. So i figured id give you this bouquet before you leave." She shifted in place and nervously played with her fingers. "You brought my papa back to me.. so thank you.. Uncle Sam is alive too along with all the hostages and prisoners the villains took. They're with the police at the moment so neither one of them could come and visit. They're the only family i have left.. so it's good to have them back... Also! Those people you saved... They're happily reunited with their family... or they will be once the others get home.. but it's all thanks to you... I haven't known you for that long but you're very kind... I just wish i could have met you sooner or get to know you a little while longer..."

She wiped her tear and cleared her throat. "I-i should go.. I have some stuff i need to take care of." She placed her hand on the cold hardened corpse's hand lightly touching it. "It was nice knowing you.."

She smiled and walked back before turning to Gray. She decided it was best not to disturb the cat so instead she quietly left him to sort himself out, leaving the door as how she found it. On her way out he noticed the food in his bowl and empty water bowl beside it outside just by the door. It could only belong to Gray which meant her friends have been feeding him but judging by how it was outside, Gray must have lashed out and the friends were forced to leave the food and water outside. Without a second thought she took the bowl and went back inside walking to the sink at the corner of the room filling it up with water. She turned to Gray offering the water but he shot her with a glare that made her jump spilling some of the water on the floor.

"I-i'll just leave this by the door."

She retreated back outside and placed the bowl where it used to be before walking away.

Gray's stomach growled for what seemed like the fifth time today. He wasn't in the mood to move but this time he forced himself up. Weakly he jumped down and walked towards the door pushing it open. He eyed the food that had been placed since last night and turned to drink the water when a shockwave exploded throughout the whole building startling everyone in and around it.