Chapter 236: The Big Event!

NO ONE'S POV

(y/n) Mostly worked behind the scenes, lending a hand to whichever group needed it more. Although the main band group has refused her help even telling her she was not to hear the song until the big reveal. 

The dance group only ever so often needed her help since they would have to listen to the audio to dance. So mostly, (y/n) was with the effects crew. Cutting and painting wood. She h ad nothing better to do so all her attention was focused on the details. So much so it looked like a professional who put it together.

(y/n) Sighed putting her hands on her waist with a satisfied sigh then turned to Gray. She wore a black tank top with her PE uniform.

"I could have been a carpenter if i wasnt a ninja." She joked.

"Either way, you would do an amazing job." Gray encouraged with  three nails in his jaws handing one to (y/n).

"Maybe i could have made the Great Naruto Bridge."

Gray audibly groaned. "Suure."

"You two should really know how to get along." 

"I will once he starts growing a brain."

(y/n) chuckled and opened her hand. Gray gave her another nail.

"You two are more alike than you know."

"EUGH. Me? HIm? (y/n) please."

(y/n) smiled at Gray and petted him on the head. "In my eyes, You two are." 

"I was told you'd be here."

Both Gray and (y/n) turned to Mirio and Eri who greeted them with a smile and wave.

"Oh you brought Eri to school?" (y/n) smiled and crouched in front of Eri. "I would give you a hug but im all dirty and sweaty."

"Yeah i took Eri to see the booths being set up." Mirio smiled.

"Really? How was it? Did you get to meet the students?"

Eri nodded. "Everyone's working hard."

"They are but just you wait though, once everything is set up there might be some food stalls selling sweets. Im sure you'd like to try them out."

"Sweets?" That peeked her interest, glancing up at (y/n) with bright eyes.

"Yeah! You'll love them Eri!" Mirio Encouraged.

Eri looked up to Miro holding his hand then turned to(y/n) looking down shyly away from her eyes. 

"What is it Eri?" The blonde asked.

"apple.. tarts." She whispered.

"Apple tarts?"

"Oh! The ones you made (y/n). Eri loved them so much she finished them the next morning."  (y/n) stood up to meet Mirio's gaze.

"Really?" Eri nodded again.

"I can make some for you but im temporarily kicked out of the dorms." (y/n) Sweatdropped.

"What? How come?" 

"Ah. The class is rehearsing. Im not supposed to watch it. Its supposed to be a surprise."

"Aw man what a bummer."

While the to continued to talk. A large familiar cat approached Eri purring and rubbing his body on her leg. Eri bent down to pet Gray and almost immediately the cat flopped on to its back revealing his underside pawing at Eri with soft paws.

"What about food? Its almost time for lunch." 

(y/n) Shrugged. I could eat later. I dont wanna disturb them. They've worked so hard and besides, i promised them id stay away for the day."