Chapter 226: Reassurance.

------NO ONE'S POV------

She leaned on the desk in Hokage's tent. She bent forward and merely crouching and tucking herself like a ball behind the table leaning on it.

Gray watched as her perched on one of the filing cabinets off to the side as (y/n) took everything she had just not to pour out her tears. She was breathing quite heavily and kept her face buried in her palms.

Gray's ears perked and turned to the door.

"Lady Hokage, delivery has arrived for the cement and wood-" their words abruptly stopped as he found no one in the room but her cat.

(y/n) poked her head out from behind the desk pushing herself up to stand.

"Ah! Right! The papers."

"Lady Hokage!" The jonin exclaimed surprised of her sudden appearance. They looked back down at the clipboard as they slowly entered the room. "They just need to receipt and the clearance papers to start working on the southern side of the village."

(y/n) opened and searched through the drawers of the desk muttering to herself.

"Ah. Here it is." she stood up rereading it to make sure before sliding it across the desk.

"I'll send this right away. Thank you." they bowed and left.

It took a good few seconds of still silence before she spoke up.

"I need a break."

Gray jumped down and on to the table where she was. He tood on his hind legs and reached up to nuzzle on her neck purring. She smiled and giggled and he climbed and made his was around the back of her neck reaching her other ear. Then his stomach growled.

"Don't mind that." Gray blurted out staring ahead with a deadpan look out of embarrassment.

She chuckled and returned his affection with a scratch on his neck.

"Don't worry. I'm quite hungry myself."

.

.

.
(choose)

Neji Hyuga ☯️👁️

"She finally comes out. How long have you been coped up with work, lady Hokage?"

Neji approached (y/n) who was walking down the hill where the Hokage's office was placed.

"Neji. You can drop the whole lady Hokage act. I'm still (y/n)."

"Not with your current title and position you're not."

She sighed her lips curled to a one sided smile. It was refreshing to see someone else for a change.

"Well then, as your Hokage I order you to."

He shot her a look oly to end up shaking his head side to side chuckling to himself.

"Anyways, how have you been hiding up? Being Hokage must be tough considering the situation konoha is in."

She eyed the Hyuga beside her, he wasn't really particularly into small talks so the fact that he approached was already surprising.

"You bet it is." she sighed in disappointment. "Just one day. I wish I could have a break. Just one but no.. I'd have to think about what's right, what to do and who I have to be for the elder's approval and satisfaction." she hung her head low eyeing the dirt below. "And to think Kurenai sense is pregnant."

He hummed. "So you found out?"

She squinted as her brows furrowed and shook her head composing herself.