Chapter 225: Like A Whirlpool

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

After saying their goodbyes (y/n) dissappeared leaving him behind.

She quickly picked up Gray and off the two went back to Konoha.

Gray who was on her shoulder, looked at her. She had been standing on the same spot her eyes closed for a few seconds now but she had never taken this long to use her teleportation jutsu.

"oi, what's the hold up?" he asked.

"I can't find the way back to our tent.."

Her brows furrowed concentrating harder.

Did something happen to Konoha in her absence? Couldn't be. She wasn't even gone for 30 minutes but then again all it takes is a second to change all that but why was the others left untouched?

The one she had left dangling in the Hokage's tent was nowhere. It was just like it disappeared but the others were still intact. Of course she had back ups.

"Someone sabotaged the kunai we left home."

"just the kunai?"

"yeah I double, triple checked."

"maybe they didn't know."

"Yeah. Perhaps. But what if they're waiting for us to return. I dont want our secret to be revealed."

"Then how do you suggest we go back?"

She sighed opening her eyes and lowering her hand back down.

"The hard way."

.

.

.

It took a while but they found an exit. A door that lead to a tunnel carved within the earth. She made a torch to help her see. It took a good while before they stumbled on to an exit perfectly hidden away aged by the years it had been left. They covered their tracks and renewed the security Lord Fourth had placed before leaving a mark amongst the pile of rocks under a tree.

"Can we leave?" Gray asked seeing her recheck everything for the sixth time.

"we will, I just need to make sure no one can suspect anything. No air flow, no holes, nothing out of order. It has to look natural otherwise, we'll lose what dad built. This thing, this base could contain the information of the other bases scattered around and I haven't explored it yet."

Gray sighed knowing there was no way of talking her out of this.

It had already past 2 am when the two had returned and yet there were still a pile of things that needed her attention but what she didn't expect was Danzo greeting her back along with the boarder patrol she had sent out.

"Back so late?" He asked.

"Couldn't use my jutsu back home." she laughed catching her head and she laughed sheepishly at the elder.

"I see." Danzo's eye twitched. He nodded at the gigantic backpack she had strapped on to her back. "May I ask what's this?"

"oh. Right. Spare medicine I had back in Musutafu. Since we're lacking I thought I'd just donate them to the village while the others are gathering."

(y/n) nodded and gave the older man a smile. "sorry but I better get going. I still have to drop this off at the medical bay."

She took a few steps to the side as she dowed apologetically.

"best be on your way then."

With that, she took off taking no chances to stay with Danzo any second longer.