Chapter 216: Okami Rising

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

The trio appeared in what used to be the Uzumaki's apartment or whats left with it. A gaping hole was torn into their living room wall up to their roof.

They looked around, the streets were completely abandoned and some og the neighbor's building were destroyed. Far across the other side of the city was a cloud of smoke rising to the sky.

"When did the Akatsuki come here? Didnt anyone notice?" (Y/N) asked.

"No. They just popped out of nowhere and stsrted destroying everything." Bisuke explained.

An earthquake surged through the earth making things tumble and fall.

"W-what the hell was that?!"

"Another attack. We have to go!" Bisuke leapt out the apartment with (y/n) and Gray behind him.

Every building they passed seemed to be crumblito the ground. Bodies covered in rouble with a pool of ruby red under them. She already knew it was too late to save them.

They continued on and came past an open area where tmthe debris where most likely pushed away given by the empty space it left in the middle.

There amongst the rubble. A figure lodged in between debris, arms tucked in disabling the body to move. They moved closed to get a better view. It was then the silver hair that shined like a beacon that gave their identity away.

"Kakashi!"

They scurried down and approched him

"Kakashi?" Bisuke nudged and sniffed.

"Sensei. Sensei!" (Y/n) tapped and lightly shook the man's shoulders but when he responded nothing, not even a flinch. (Y/n)'s tears poured.

"Not again! Sensei!" She screamed digging through the lose rubble that kept him in place.

Her uncontroled sobs echoes the ringing scilence around them. No breathing, no pulse. Nothing.

The thought of Asuma and Jiraiya's death were painful enough. Asuma was first. Just out of reach. Jiraiya went by like a blur and now Kakashi..

The blood was still fresh and warm yet his skin was cold.

"(Y/n)." Gray called her to her senses. They were too late and deep down she knew.

Bisuke looked up at (y/n) with a pitiful whine for his neely departed mentor. "I guess, we'll be in your care." He nudged at her hand.

"Im sorry Bisuke.." She picked him up and gave him a hug. "If only we were here sooner.."

They stayed right there lingering for a short while before parting.

In the distance her eyes landed on a figure not too far from where Kakashi was.

"Chouza?" Her eyes locked on Choji's father who laid on the debris.