Chapter 228:

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

"Lady Hokage!" a jonin came in taking everyone's attention.

"What is it?" she asked not moving from her seat.

"You have visitors. In front of the village, they're asking for you and Naruto."

"Who are they?" she furrowed her brows standing from her seat and to a bunch of documents on the side of her table scanning its pages to see if she overlooked a visitation request.

"Kazekage and Leaders from the lesser villages, ma'am."

She stopped and nodded.

"I'll be right there. Find Naruto, I'll meet you there."

She asked for the pictures back and placed them back tucking it in her drawer.

She offered her arm to Gray where he hastily ran to her shoulder sitting there. Walking fast, she headed out the tent with the others following behind.

"excuse me." she said walking towards and out the tent.

"what do you think it could be?" Gray asked.

"at this point? I have no clue. I've already talked with Gaara two weeks ago and now the other leaders from smaller villages are here." she sighed.

Almost everyday they had something new pop up.

Far ahead she saw Naruto looking ahead at the entrance. She ran beside her brother ask about the circumstances but only stopping when she saw Gaara approaching them both.

"Naruto. Lady Hokage. Sorry to drop by in such short notice." he bowed.

"Lord Kazekage." she acknowledged.

"Come on you two, there's no need for formalities I already know-ah!" Naruto was cut short when his sister grabbed his arm squeezing it.

"Id like to know why you were brought back... And with visitors." she pointed at the crowd of leaders from lesser villages accompanied by their escorts and body guards.

"I admit, I have no idea they came here for you. I on the other hand, came here bearing gifts for the village of Konoha." He tured to his people carrying wagons and crates of supplies, medicine and food.

(y/n) stared at awe at the smiling familiar faces of the people of Sunagakure.

"You guys... " she was touched by their gesture.

"Ah. Don't go soft on us now." Temari smiled at her.

"We heard about the attack so we gathered some of our extra supplies lying around and thought of making a donation." A ninja held up a bunch of rare medical supplies in a crate.

She knew their supplies would dwindle every day. So it became one of her daily problems, expecting and calculating when the supplies run out.  Majority of the money has gone to the village itself. Paying not just the carpenters but that included the ninjas she put to work as well.

She has gone far and use her own pocket money for the wellness of the village and 2 million isn't enough to sustain a large village like the Hidden Leaf.

Her lips trembled and her eyes watered a bit. "Thank you."

"Hold on."

Their attention was turned to the village elders, displeased by the current events.

She motioned for (y/n) to come closer.

"As hokage, I ask you to reconsider and send them back." she ordered.