Chapter 222: Under New Management

-----YOUR POV-----

Days passed by, even though it was a rocky start, the village has been thriving. Little by little.

"How long do you think this construction will last?" Gray asked.

We just left the river, on our way back to the village to bring back some water.

"Half a year at best? I dont know. All i know is, with Lady Tsunade in a coma, our village is more vulnerable to attacks, sure each and every shinobi here is capable but without the Hokage our governmet would be out of control. People would just do what they think is necessary. We need someone to manage everything."

"Im sure the village elders and Shikaku, has it under control. They wouldn't let the village perish."

By the entrance of the village, we were met with Shikaku.

Speak of the devil-

"Shikaku-sama." I greeted him with a smile.

Although he smiled back, something was bothering him.

"What is it?"

"I just came back with the village elders to speak with the Feudal lord."

(((To anyone who forgot. Its that guy sitting in the center. The feudal lords are the political ruler of the country. They are responsible for all decisions concerning their country, from alliances to the annual budget to the privileges allowed to the country's hidden village.)))

"The Feudal Lord has decided to nominate a new Hokage in Tsunade's absence

"The Feudal Lord has decided to nominate a new Hokage in Tsunade's absence. Danzo volunteered."

Danzo?! My mind raced on the things he would to to keep the village safe. Its good until he would rather sacrifice his people. Danzo is not to be trusted!"

"But the Feudal Lord chose you to fulfill the roll of Hokage."

.

.

.

ME?! ARE YOU NUTS?!

"Lord third and Lady Tsunade had kept your records all throughout the years. The missions you fulfilled, your exams you sabotaged to let youself fail and Asuma's records of your progress over the years."

"I-.. You.. Me as-.. you're kidding right?!"

"Word has gotten out about your aliance with your tailed beast."j0j0jp

"Humans. So selfish. Only thinking for themselves."

Okami growled, only to be heard by (y/n).

"So they want me to pose as Hokage... A symbol of strength in Konoha to hopefully scare those who plan to do the village harm."

"Yes." He closed his eyes. His confirmation coming in as dreadful news tobmy ears.