Chapter 224: Just... Breath

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

Day and night (y/n) distracted herself by lending out a helping hand with the village or burying herself with paper work. After the sour not she and her brother left, she was stressed all over.

"Lady Hokage, what do you thing would look better, off to the right or a little to the left?"

"Rokudaime, we've brought back 10 giant wild boars from hunting."

"M'lady, we are in need of extra tents for the newly discharged family from the medical bay."

"Miss Hokage."
"Lady Hokage."
"M'lady."
"M'lady."
"M'lady."

She groaned tiredly leaning back on the chair she sat. In the tent with her were Shikaku, Shizune, and the two elders.

(y/n) pinched the bridge of her nose. They have ran out of supplies yet again much to her displeasure.

"Teams have been set out for missions and food gathering. It'll take about a week before they get back." Shikaku informed.

"as for medical supplies, we've almost scrapped the bottom. We need to go and restock." Shizune said looking through a clipboard.

She couldn't fault the people for getting harmed or giving birth or receding underlining issues. It was simply nature but she poured most of the land's money on making sure the people wouldn't go hungry that she over looked the medical area.

"Who do we have available for scavenging herbs?"

"Sakura and Ino could go. We can assign someone to accompany them as well, perhaps Yamato?" Shizune asked.

(y/n) nodded. "I have money that I've been saving, we can use it to buy medicine and herbs that we can't aquire here. Such as Milk Thistle in Sunagakure. I also have friends I've made outside the village back when I was still out doing missions, I could ask for a little bit of help to locate and cut deals with our purchases."

(y/n) picked up a brush (or pen idk.) and was about to make a letter when one of the elders stopped her.

"Ridiculous, we would look weak and therefore attract more attention to unwanted guests. Our walls and people have barely recovered and you would attract this kind of attention?"

"With all due respect, it's a risk we have to take. Konoha is nothing without the people."

"And you would rather have them killed for leading enemies to slaughter our people?" the other spoke.

"I have faith in our Shinobi. They are strong. If it really bothers you that much then I'll train with the military core and the Shinobis on patrol." she offered.

The look of displeasure washed ofer the elders making her groan tired ly trying to please them.

"Alright! I won't sent a letter and I'll look for another way to obtain the medicine we need. Are we good?"

A few nods later she dismissed the meeting.

"Shikaku-sama, hank you for accompanying me in this meeting."

The man laughed. "No need for formality. You're the Hokage."

"That I can't do." She smiled.

He smiled back. "take some rest. It late. I'll have Yamato and the girls out at dawn."

She nodded. "Thank you Shikaku-sama."

With that the man left leaving her in the tent alone with Gray.

The cat yawned tiredly and stretched before facing his owner.

"Can you stay here for a bit? I just need to get the money we hid back in the dorms."