Chapter 209: Re-examination...

-----YOUR POV-----

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling with Gray curled up asleep beside me. It was in the middle of the night and it had been hours since i got back from my trip to Mt.Myoboku. When i came back everyone was already asleep. Theres something about that story Lord Gamamru said that bugged me off. Okami is a Goddess? Not just any Goddess but the one who created ALL LIVING THINGS... but she was banished? Okami Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi and Susanoo... They were all real? If so, what were all the stories about her watching over us? People still pray to her. I wonder is she hears them... I wonder who that man was.. The guy who Okami fell for. Was he like Itachi? Died as a human and ascended and given a role by the Gods?

I shook my head again trying to get rid of my thoughts and focus on resting for Tomorrow. I tried talking to Okami but as usual she was silent as ever but i cant blame her. Im fairly certain that she witnessed everything i did. It must be hard having your past brought back to you.

"Hey Okami?..."

What was i even supposed to say?

"Lets get those stones and bring you back home.. Whenever you're ready..."

I murmured a silent prayer that i hope she'd hear.

Gray turned in his sleep and stretched out his paws yawning. He tiredly look at me.

"You're still awake?"

I smiled and scratched his head.

"Yeah. Don't worry, im about to sleep."

"What time is it?"

I looked at the clock. "3:46"

He nodded and yawned curling into a ball again to sleep. I decided to sleep too since i still had to wake up at 7.

.

.

.

"Hey, you ready?"

Gray asked sitting on my bed while i was fixing my tie by my mirror.

"Yeah. Let me just get my bag then we're off." I picked up my bag and my phone with my earphones on. It wasn't loud or anything just enough for me to hear Gray. Then i walked downstairs to join my classmates to out class.

"Hey (y/n)!" Uraraka waved her hand, i waved back.

"Hi."

"So you decided to come out?"

"Yeah.. Just needed time to think.."

"Just stick with us! we wont let them get near you." Mina exclaimed with a bright smile.

"thanks guys but Im good. Really." I looked down trying to forget the party. I sighed.

"You don't look okay." Jiro voiced out.

"yeah but i'll be fine." I held Gray closer and continued to walk now leading the group.

"We're just worried for you..." Momo said hinting about the party that happened two nights ago.

"I know Momo. Them.. the people. They don't believe someone like me can... become a hero. Not with.. ya know... inside me.. They think i cant accomplish high goals like heroes can... that i cant be great or heroic... and i feel... like deep down.. i think she knew.." I looked away the tears swelling in my eyes. "Maybe that's why it's easier to play the role of the monster."

"HEY!"

The girls grabbed me and yanked me towards them almost shaking me in place. They raised their voices, not in a yelling manner but more like they tried to get something through my head but all i heard was incoherent sounds and assurance from them but... They didn't know anything.. Growing up.. It was hard sure but i always saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I always saw hope but lately i can't seem to find it. Being a jinchuriki usually meant no hope at all. Im starting to think that the so called "hope" was just hell fire waiting for me to slip and fall, and the darkness in the tunnel was just there to push me down further. Day by day it get harder to grip on the edge and not fall. Just hanging on to that ledge with the shadows dragging you down...