Chapter 218: The Cycle Of Hatred

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

Naruto quickly made two rasengans in both hands and slammed one on the ground immediately covering both of them in a large red smoke.

From inside the smoke a rasenshuriken made its way to pain.

"Futile." one said. He raised his arms getting ready to absorb it yet again.

It was then that Naruto revealed himself and tackled him down Maki g way for the real rasenshuriken behind him.

Naruto's clone ran towards Pain from behind with two rasengans in hand. Meanwhile, in front of Pain was the rasenshuriken with (y/n) closely behind heading in feet first with the jade shield below her feet.

Just as they were nearing him they were repelled back by an unseen force. 

Quickly, Gamabunta, Gamaken and Gamahiro jumped in attacking Pain giving time to Naruto and (y/n) time to plan their next move. Sadly they could only give a few seconds before Pain was able to push all three, sending them to fly away.

Naruto and (y/n) ran towards the two Pains leaving Fukasaku and Shima to concentrate on doing their genjutsu.

Two on two, despite the fair amount of numbers both Naruto and (y/n) were nearing their limits. Not to mention their movements were slowing down by the minute.

The other Pain managed to lock Naruto in place

The other Pain managed to lock Naruto in place. His Chakra draining, not only did he revert back to his normal state he was getti g weaker by the second, until his body gave out finally going limp.

(y/n) screamed, calling out to Naruto but to no avail. She dodged Pains attacks and blocked the others with the shield. Meanwhile, Gray jumped on Pain attacking him only to jump back on (y/n)'s back.

"You little pest." Pain said annoyed. He held out his hand and immediately, Gray was pulled back into the palm of his hand.

"Gray!"

The cat hissed and clawed trying to gnaw on his arm

(y/n) turned her heel and reached in to grab Gray. Pain turned and elbowed her on his free arm making her hit the ground. He then plunged a metal rod into her back shoulder easily impaling her to the ground.

"Gah!" she shut her eyes tight in pain.

"(y/n)!" Naruto said panic laced in his voice. His mind racing.

Meanwhile Gray could only hiss and glare at the orange haired man that held him by his neck.

The jade disk flopped on her back losing its power and flames. The markings on her dissappeared as well. She struggled unable to see the metal rod on her back.

With a snap he dropped the cat in front of (y/n) just out of her reach before heading back to Naruto.

"No!" she screamed sobbing trying to reach for her cat that laid on the dirt. Her nails digging into the dirt, her tears soaking the dry soil beneath.