Chapter 35

Chapter 35

So close yet so far

It was a sunny morning here in New Zealand, a busy and hectic day for everyone around our office, year end's about to come so does our onsite testing and processes.

"Namjoon already went in Northland?" I asked shock to one of my staffs, seeing our boss's seat empty in his workstation.

"Yes ma'am Jennie, he said he was already in the place so he's been there since the other day. He didn't email you?"

I hurriedly pulled out my phone in my handbag to check my emails, he did email me but since I was broken last week I forgot to check my mails and messages.

Being broken brings stupidity in my system

I can't be like this forever

I sighed.

"Do you want me to take you there ma'am?" Baekhyun offered.

"That will be generous of you but I will go there on my own, thank you for the offer though." I smiled at my staff and exit our office.

Namjoon instructed in his email to bring me with him the other day to Northland, where Irene's big warehouse is located. But since I was too busy coping up with my messy heart I forgot that today is our scheduled on site inventory count, resulting in me to literally forget about the trip, being drunk on weekends doesn't help me at all.

There's no use in crying over spilled milk, on my way to the city I called Namjoon and apologized

"I'm sorry I didn't read your email and messages Joon, I was-

"Brokenhearted?"

I bit my lip as I steer the wheel "Yeah..maybe"

He sighed "I don't know what it felt like so I don't have the reason to judge you, besides the test will be conducted this afternoon, you still have time to come ."

"I'm so sorry.."

"Silly you don't have to, you're really hurt" his voice soften

I took a long breath.

Please let me be happy this time

What does that mean? That I have to finally let her go and let her be happy? Is that what she wants?Believe me I have hundreds of thoughts running in my damn brain and these were only the one fourth of it.

I'd like to think that I can be happy she finally found happiness within those years I'm gone, but no matter how hard I try I can't stomach being truly happy for her with that woman she kissed in that bar, whoever the fuck that is.

I felt angry, confuse and guilty. And yes I regret everything that I did!

Damn it.

"You still there?" Namjoon's voice echoed in my car "Are you still thinking of her?"

"I am driving Joon" I lied and slowly wipe my little tears that escape

"Oh, you want me drop this call or do you want to talk to me about it?"

I sighed once again, he was there when I cried in that bar, I refused to talk and instead spend the night partying with various men, he got angry in return because of those bastards that tried to take advantage of my state.

"I will talk to you about it when I arrived. Since you left me and took a one day vacation" I joked

He laughed "It's your fault, you didn't read my email and reply to my messages"