Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Jealous

*

"Why are you avoiding me in the past few days? I mean, I felt like you don't like it when I come close to you or touch you? Is there something wrong?"

This time I return bravely looking at her eyes, I suddenly regretted it, seeing her this close to me and her arm wrap at the back of my chair I suddenly can't breathe and my heart started to pound that hard again in my chest. What is happening to me?

"What do you mean?" I asked, getting my wine glass beside her arm. She didn't stop me anymore and just watch me drink.

"I feel like you are avoiding me" her eyes remain in mine, I fought hard and stare at her back, not minding the loud beating inside my chest. Maybe I am indeed drunk?

"Lisa I'm not avoiding you"

"I feel it Jennie, am I making you uncomfortable? Does my presence perhaps is disturbing you?" now she whispered it near my ear, believe me the pounding in my chest is louder than the music surrounding us. I cleared my throat as a response and slightly move my chair away from her, afraid she will hear it.

"I'm not uncomfortable with you Lisa what are you talking about" I return sipping the drink, Lisa still has her arms at the back of my chair.

In those three days we are together people will assume we are lovers, seeing how close our proximity is and how Lisa stared at my face. Like how that one group of friends near our table looked at us, no not us, I mean how they look at Lisa.

I admit she attracts every human being we met or pass, a head turner and a magnet of attraction. With that simple jeans and branded tee, she could make every girl beg at her feet. Probably why I receive some daggers looks from anywhere because she, well obviously is with me, and her arm bluntly wrap around my back

"Hmm is that so? Why can't you look at me? Is there something wrong with my face?"

Quite the opposite Lisa.

I looked at her, her image suddenly became vague, maybe the effect of alcohol has gotten into my systems.

"Now stop drinking, you are now drunk" she gets the wine glass again

"Isn't that suppose the reason why am I here? To get drunk and forget about my stupid boyfriend?"

"You've been drinking for hours already, I think that is enough" her voice is stern, I find it smexy so I bluntly caress her cheek using my index finger. She flinched "So strict, I thought you are different from your cousins? Hmmm?"

She cussed and held my finger "You are indeed drunk, alright let's go home" she motioned to stand me up but I am fast enough to leave her behind and blend in the people dancing together in the dancefloor

"Jennie!" she called

I ignored her and try to dance around a group of men, leaving Lisa out of my sight. The loud party music started to boom each corner of the bar and neon lights dancing around

"Hey there" I felt a hand on my waist, I looked back and saw a tall bearded man with a white sleeve wrap in his elbow

"Hi" I smiled back and turn around, he started to sway his body to the music and I followed. His hands that are on my waist are now the upper part of my lower back, pushing me close to him and my front collided on his firm chest

"Whachya name miss? Are yah from here?" his accent, definitely British.

"No! I'm from-

"She's definitely not from here" someone grab me away from the man and body collided into them, this time I felt a soft hand holding the side of my upper arm.