Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I came to see you

*

Snow continues to fall from the night sky, the night lights gleaming the active city of New York, horns of cars stuck in the traffic, group of people passing by the streets despite the weather and late of hour of the night.

I arrange my coat and my scarf when a cold wind blows, it’s mid December and the snow is blowing quite hard, I shivered at the cold wind and made myself warm by rubbing my arms, waiting for my boyfriend to arrive.

In a couple of minutes waiting in the airport he parked his car in front of me. He gets out and welcomed me with a smile and a kiss

“Hi babe! Welcome to New York!” and embrace me for a hug

I hug him back and nod “Let’s go? It’s cold out here”

He release me and open the door of his car, I hurriedly get inside to get myself warm

He enters the driver’s seat and puts his seat belt.

“How’s the flight?”

“It’s fine”

“Are you tired?”

“Kind of”

He turn his head to me “Are you still mad at me?”

I didn’t meet his gaze and just look at his window, I leaned my head on my seat and close my eyes. The long hours of traveling got me exhausted

“Babe” him with his deep and baritone voice “Talk to me”

I groaned internally, I definitely knew that. He usually uses that tone whenever he didn’t like what I did or say. Three years of being a relationship with him I almost memorize his do’s and don’ts, what he like and he doesn’t like.

“Are you still mad at me? “ he repeated

I sighed “Kai, I am tired. Let’s talk tomorrow morning, for now please let me rest. Just drive”

He didn’t say anything and just drove his car. As much as I want to explore the city of New York late at night my body is really tired from my flight. I also had a jet lag and I’m little bit dizzy.

“We’re here” he said after a couple of minutes driving.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and did mine. I looked up at the tall gates and mansion standing proudly in front of me, with Kai by my side holding my waist and his maids getting my luggage out of his car. 

“Is this where you lived?” I ask both shocked and amazed. The Kim family is influential in Korea , but Jisoo said Kai’s family name is more leading here in New York. Their house I mean mansion that is located in a prestigious village in the famous city said so, wow.

“Yep, we lived in here. Let’s get inside? It’s cold” their guards open their gate and he leads me inside.

Believe me I almost wanted to go home as soon as I saw the expensive decorations inside his house, it was full of vintage designs and luxurious vases and such, paintings and their family portrait was all over the place.

“Welcome to my home babe”

“Wow” I said amazed, looking at the Roman painting on the ceiling beneath their gold and large chandelier.

“Have you eaten yet?” he asked, still holding my waist while he leads the way, we passed by the double stairs and open their kitchen’s door for me.

“Kai, I’m not that hungry” I said, seating where he wanted me to sit, next to him.

“You are tired from your flight, you must eat even just a little bit” he ordered, then his maids came and serve me a light meal