Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Her shoes

“Good morning..” I greeted the woman in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. In the dining table is her husband with his newspaper and coffee, I also smile to Jakob then went to assist the woman now serving foods.

“Let me help Cassandra..”

“Jennie you should just probably sit down, you hurt your foot. Where’s Lisa?” I grab the bowl in her hand and put it in the table

“She’s still asleep..”

“You should wake her up, it’s time for breakfast..”

“She should wake up soon, I don’t want to disturb her”

“Jennie’s right darling..” Jakob who sips his coffee. Cassandra only looked at me as I help myself putting coffee in my cup, she cleared her throat

“Well you’re probably right, she walked barefoot kilometers away from here while carrying Jennie on her back, she’s exhausted..”

I pursed my lips and just drink the coffee. The electricity is back in the town, maybe after this breakfast I’ll contact Namjoon and tell him where I am. I know he’s probably worried about me now

As for Lisa I don’t know what’s her plan. She can’t opt to go with me in Namjoon’s car so she’s probably having someone to pick her up, besides, she’s that Lisa Manoban who has plenty of people serving her.

“Do you have someone to pick you up here dear?” Cassandra asked

“I’ll contact my boss and he’ll pick me up..”

“Your boss?”

“Yes..”

“I thought Lisa Manoban is your boss and you are her secretary”

I blink “You know Lisa?”

Cassandra nods and smiled “All of us here in this small town know her name Jennie, the Manoban and Bae family is really influential in here. Do you work for them?”

I put my coffee down “Ahm no, I don’t work for them..”

She nods “Acquaintances?”

“Lisa is an old friend and Irene Bae is my client”

Cassandra and her husband looks at each other and then started to eat silently their meal. I looked at the door that clicked open and revealed Lisa with a simple shirt and jogging pants, her hair is somewhat messy.  I am forever be amazed on how she looked so good even in the morning. Does this woman even experienced being ugly in her life?

She caught me staring so I bow my head down and paid attention to my unfinished coffee. The couple greeted her good morning then she seated next to me. Even without yet taking a bath she smells sweet aftershave plus the citrus scent she always wore.

Cassandra offered her a coffee and served the wealthy woman her breakfast.

“Thank you Casssandra..” she thanked the woman and drink elegantly her coffee. Jennie in the past wondered why her actions are like that, now I know why.

She looked at me and raise her eyebrows “You didn’t wake me up..”

“I don’t want to disturb you and wake you up”

“Still you should’ve wake me up..” now those pretty brown eyebrows met.

Early in the morning she’s already grumpy.

“You woke up just in time for breakfast Lisa, no big deal”

“What if I didn’t wake up just in time for breakfast then?”