Chapter 10

Chapter 10

An: * means Jennie’s memory

College Life

*
Notebooks?Check!
Papers? Check!
Ballpens?Check!

I took a deep breath and prepared my things. This is my first day in college and I am kind of excited about it. After two years of earning from my part time jobs I finally enrolled myself in the prestigious university in Seoul, of course with the help of the scholarship I got.

I closed my door and locked it, then heading to the stairs of my apartment. It is a narrow square grey building, with narrow windows in straight rows, there was nothing attractive about it, it was just thoroughly ugly and forbidding. Not for me though, it was fascinating, my home

And my neighbours are all kind to me, well that’s because I am the only college student residing. Most of the tenants are in age of thirty above, most were like me-living a hard life. Of course you won’t settle down in a rundown apartment like this if you have money you know.

It’s been years since my mom and dad left me, for years I have been alone in my life. No boyfriend, no friends-well except for Teddy I know since I was twelve, the boy who owns an art shop next block.  I’ve been helping him for years now since l love to paint and he wanted to learn, his dad died and he wanted Teddy to continue his business. Teddy on the other hand, don’t even know how to stroke a brush.

I walk for 30 minutes before I reach the university. I held my hand bag as I observe the students scattered around the campus, all are in groups and dressed in a way you will know they are born in a rich and wealthy family.

I bow my head as I walk to the corridor of my building, eyes of the students were on me and I don’t know why. It is somewhat disturbing for me.

I pass a group of three girls lining up and crossing their arms in front of a room, one has a lollipop in her mouth and the other two were raising their eyebrows as I pass them

“Eww where did this commoner came from?”

I stopped when the girls suddenly blocked my way, making me look up and to see their over shaded red lipstick “Excuse me?”

“Did you come from a filthy farm? Why are you here? There is no place for commoners here.” she said out loud, making the students around to laugh at her comment.

I furrowed my eyebrows, the other girls are in her back, supporting her I think.

I tightened my hold on my books and step right, trying not to cause mess in my first day of school. “Excuse me, can I pass?” I politely excuse

The girl blocked my way and push my shoulders, making me to almost lose my balance and to collide in a firm chest on my back. I look up and saw a grinning young man, he held my shoulders and examined me from head to toe, he whistled “Oh hot, how much is your night sexy ass? Three dollars?”

Then, all of the students laugh, including the girls in front of me

I feel my face heated up. How dare him?

“Hahaha c’mon girl, I know you want to have sex. Your shorts are obviously asking for it, aren’t you cold babe? Do you want me to heat you up? Hmmm?” he grinned and slap slightly my ass

I gasped and back away, but now I am surrounded by the three girls.

“What is wrong with you?!” I motioned to slap him but he is fast enough to hold my hand, and the three girls are now holding my shoulders

What is wrong with them?!

I looked around and the students surrounding us are just watching, no one even dared to help me. What is wrong with them too?!