Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Her hug

*
I took the bus on the way to the hospital where Ella is admitted. I was fidgeting my fingers and stomping my feet the whole three hours of travel because of nervousness, praying in silence nothing bad happened to our little girl.

My phone was ringing for consecutive times, sometimes it was from Kai and most were from Lisa’s. I ignored Kai’s call and answered all Lisa’s call, maybe he will be mad I left him in our anniversary night, I’ll just talk and deal with him tomorrow.

“Where are you now?” it’s been the twelveth time she called and that was the first thing she will ask

“We already pass by the orphanage, I’m coming just wait there okay?” I said soft, trying to comfort her

She sighed on the other line, since her first call her voice suddenly turn soft and weak. It made me scared and nervous, wondering if something bad did really happen to Ella, I didn’t bother to ask Lisa that, I’ll just find it once I stepped on the hospital

I hurriedly jog to the hospital’s nurse’s station and ask where is Ella’s room. I was holding my chest when the nurse answered Emergency Room.

My feet weakened when I slowly open the room, my sight first saw Ella with big tube on her mouth and sleeping on the bed, beside her was Dara seating on a chair while Lisa also seating on the side of the bed, watching the sleeping Ella.

I gulped and slowly walk towards them, Dara was the first one to stand up and talk “Jennie you came”

I nod “What happened to her?”

Her face gloomed “She suddenly had an heart attack last night” she burst into tears and hugs me “The doctor sai-d maybe now is th-e la-st time we-will see her, Ella’s really in a bad condition Jennie oh my god”

“Oh my god I'-m so-rry” I wipe the tear that flow from my eyes and hugs the nun back.

She sniffed and also did the same, wiping her tears away and returns to her seat, then held Ella’s hand “She’s really a good kid, she doesn’t deserve to suffer like this”

The last time I saw Ella she was in all smiles and giggling happily, it breaks my heart seeing her like this. I avert my attention to Lisa who was gazing in the air.

I tap her shoulder “Lisa..”

She looked up to me and suddenly hugs my waist, my heart sank seeing how hurt her brown eyes are. I’m not used to seeing those pain in her eyes

“It’s okay, Ella will be alright don’t worry” I caress her head, her shoulder fell low and she release a sad sigh “I hate seeing  her suffer, I did promise her a family date again right? How can we have a date again if she is suffering like this? I hate it Jennie”

“Lisa Ella already had a cancer before she met you two..” Dara explained “She had suffered long enough” she sniffed again

“Maybe this time we will finally bid Ella goodbye and let her rest, in peace”

That was our last conversation before Ella finally said goodbye to us early in the morning.

I handed Lisa a water of bottle while she’s seating on the hospital’s bench. It’s almost 6 in the morning  and none of us had yet our sleep. She accepted it but didn’t drink, she just stared at the thing while my eyes focused on her side profile

Last night was the first time I saw her cry, the funny and idiot Lisa I was used to seeing is now hurt and devastated.  And I don’t know either why am I hurting seeing her like this, I want her to annoy me or throw lame jokes on me just so she can be her usual idiot self again, not this silent and weak Lisa.