Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Annoying

*
In my three years of being in a steady relationship with Kai, I never imagined myself being away from him, or not seeing him for years, or not be able to embrace him or kiss him. We’ve been together for three years now and then one more year we will finally graduate in college. I never expected him to come early in the morning in my apartment to declare the sad news, that his parents in New York suddenly pursued him to continue his study there, saying the universities offers greater academic privilege and job experience than here in Seoul

He agreed of course, aside from missing his parents and can finally be with them, he says it is better to take the offer for him, for us, for our future. The whole time he was explaining and holding my hand, all I can do is to stare at his eyes, agreeing and supporting his dreams. It is sad to be honest, being away from him. Who wouldn’t? Who knows when I will be able to see him again, but he says he will try his best to come home in every special occasion.

New York and South Korea are hundreds of kilometres away from each other, long distance relationship sucks.

“Are you okay babe?” he smiled as he seated beside me, carrying our tray of lunch.

“I’m fine”

“Are you mad at me perhaps?” he pouted and showed me his puppy eyes, I sighed and pinch his cheeks “Silly no, I’m not mad at you"

“Since I fetch you at your place and the whole morning you are not smiling, is there a problem?”

“Kai you’re so dense, of course Jennie is sad! You’ll be away for years and she will miss you!” Jisoo rolled her eyes, eating her chicken in between Jin and Taehyung.

Kai looked at me in the eye “I’m so sorry babe”

“No, don’t say sorry. I’m just- I sighed and grip his hand “I’m  not used to you being away from me, I will surely miss you”

He leaned and kiss my forehead “I will miss you too, I promise I will call you every morning and every night. Don’t be sad okay? I will come back here and finally marry you” he smiled

His cousins whistled and started teasing and throwing dirty jokes to Kai, I just let out a small smile and returned eating my lunch. Kai draped his hand on my waist while cussing Hanbin and Taehyung. Despite their funny jokes, or Kai trying to lift up my mood I’m still sad at the thought of him leaving me.

I’m certainly not in the mood, of course.

“Anyway, where’s Lisa?” Taehyung ask

“She said she’s coming” Jisoo answered

“It’s already lunch break, her class is not yet over?” Jin

“Maybe she’s fucking again another random student here, we all know Lisa” Kai joke and all of them laugh

I spit the bottle of water I’m drinking and cough, Kai immediately wiped my mouth with his handkerchief. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine babe” I answered, the image of Lisa kneeling and eating that woman on the rooftop flashed in my mind. Geez, I shouldn’t think of that!

“Oh there she is! Lis! Here!” Jisoo waved her hand, Lisa then walks towards our direction and seated beside Hanbin. She’s wearing her hoody and denim pants, and white shoe with check on each sides.

She smiled at me as a greeting, I only nod. She stared at me for a couple of seconds before talking to her cousin Jisoo

“So, how’s your life here Lisa? Is everything good with your studies?” Kai asked her