Chapter 1

A ninja runs through the forest covered in cuts and bruises while the screams of his comrades rang through his ears. He desperately runs trying to ignore the pain in his legs that was shooting pain through his whole body ready to give up.

He quickly hides behind a tree trying to catch his breath from the running, his heart racing every second "Where are you?" asked a female voice, the ninja held his breath hearing the voice. He quickly covers his mouth and nose hearing the female get closer "Where did you go?" the female asked, her eyes scanning the area around her. The ninja listened closely, hearing the female's footsteps fade away, he lowered his hand from his mouth and nose when he didn't hear her footsteps anymore releasing his breath in relief.

He was about to run when a figure appeared in front of him making the ninja freeze in horror "Found you" the figure grabbed the ninja by his shirt and threw him to the ground away from the tree where he was just hiding, the ninja lifted his head up to see the female figure in front of him. He turned his head to the first figure that threw him, the figure was a tall male with orange hair, he couldn't see his face because he was wearing a fox mask but what he did see from the mask eye hole was his rinnegan, and he wore the Akatsuki cloak. The female figure walks beside the masked person. The female figure had short black hair, blood-red eyes, and pale skin, she also wore an Akatsuki cloak, and she had her katana dripping with his comrade's blood.

"Did you take care of the others, Akumu?" asked the masked person with no emotions in their voice "Every last one of them" Akumu answers, the masked person looks at the ninja, his rinnegan piercing through his soul "Then it must be done"

The ninja glares at the masked figure, he secretly grabs a kunai from his pouch, and runs to him aiming at his heart. The masked figure didn't flinch as he easily dodges the kunai and stabs him with his black receivers.

"You shouldn't have done that" the masked figure said still emotionless, and the man collapsed to the ground, dead

"You shouldn't have done that" the masked figure said still emotionless, and the man collapsed to the ground, dead. The masked figure wipes the blood off his black receivers, Akumu grabs a picture from her coat, and sees the picture then at the dead ninja "Got it" said Akumu showing the picture to her partner "Good" said the masked figure.

"We should get going now" said the masked figure as he started walking. Akumu didn't say anything but watched him before following behind without saying a word.

"What have you become...Koin...?"