Chapter 2

."Welcome back, Koin-sama, Akumu" said Itachi, bowing his head as Koin and Akumu walked in front of him "Where is my father?" asked Koin, taking his mask off. "He is waiting for you in his office, he wants to speak to you and Akumu" Itachi replied.

Akumu looked at Itachi, raising a brow at his reply, "Alright" said Koin walking to his father's office with Akumu by his side.

xxxxxxxxxx

Koin knocks on his father's closed door "Come in" said a voice on the other side of the door,  Koin opens the door to see his father sitting at his desk, his mother standing by his side, and Deidara and Sasori standing next to the desk "Deidara, Sasori" said Koin walking past them, nodding his head as he walks in front of his father's desk.

"The mission was successful, father" "Thank you, son" said Pain while Konan smiled at Koin, Koin smiled back at his mother "Itachi-nii said you wanted to speak with us" said Koin. Pain nods his head "I want you and Akumu to go with Deidara and Sasori on a mission" "A mission?" asked Koin looking at the two before his father "What kind of mission?" "You are to kidnap the One-Tailed Beast" said Pain.

Akumus' eyes widened in shock while Koin didn't budge "You don't have to take the mission if you don't want to, we know you two just got back from your mission and would like to rest" said Konan. Akumu opened her mouth to say something but Koin beat her to it "We'll take it" Akumu looks up at Koin more shocked, Pain nods his head in understanding before looking at Deidara and Sasori "Koin will be in charge of the mission" Deidara and Sasori both nod their head. Pain looks at all four of them "You leave immediately to the Sand Village, you may leave" Deidara, Sasori, and Koin nod their heads before leaving with Akumu following Koin, still in shock.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Koin, may I speak with you?" asked Akumu, her voice filled with worry "What is it, Akumu?" asked Koin as he stopped walking, Akumu was silent for a while until she finally spoke, "Why did you take on the mission...to kidnap Gaara?" Koin raised a brow at her "What are you talking about Akumu? if it's a mission we must take it, don't be asking ridiculous questions like that" said Koin with no emotions on his face.

to kidnap Gaara?" Koin raised a brow at her "What are you talking about Akumu? if it's a mission we must take it, don't be asking ridiculous questions like that" said Koin with no emotions on his face

"But Gaara is our friend!! we should try to stop them!!" said Akumu, almost raising her voice but making sure no one heard. "That's enough Akumu!! we are not going to stop them because Gaara is your friend, I have never met this Gaara in my life" said Koin, Akumus eyes widened "What do you mean you never meet him?! you meet him during the Chunin Exams! You fought him" "Akumu, stop it!! I don't know what you are talking about!" He yelled until he clears his throat calming himself down "Now we must go, Deidara and Sasori must be waiting for us" he starts walking to the Akatsuki entrance before putting on his mask.

The two of them not realizing a figure was listening.