Chapter 43

Koin lies on the ground alone in his cell again. 

Flashback:

"Sasuke...I want to go with you but...I decided I'm going to stay here in the village with everyone" he said, Sasuke was shocked by his answer "But...Koin..." he looks down his bangs covering his eyes "Please Koin...come with me, I don't want to leave without you" he begged "Then stay with me Sasuke, come back to Konoha...for me" "You know I can't Koin, I need to get revenge and that is my only goal" Koin looks back at him a bit hurt "I made up my mind Sasuke..." 

Flashback end:

Koin clenches his fist chuckling sadly "I guess he just wanted to use me to get his revenge" he said his voice almost breaking at the thought of Sasuke using him for only his revenge, he clenches his fists tighter "Is that I'm supposed to be? A tool?"

"Who said you were a tool?" asked a female voice, Koin turns his head to see Akumu at the other side of the bars "Akumu...what are you doing here?" Koin asked sitting up "Isn't it obvious, I came to visit, Tsunade allowed it, so I didn't sneak in" Akumu chuckles as she sits down "So what was it about you being a tool? If someone told you that I will kick their ass" Koin chuckles at her "You don't have to do that Akumu, but..." "But?" "I'm starting to think people are trying to use me for my rinnegan and chakra strength, I was under a genjutsu for three years which I can hardly remember, then my life went downhill when Orochimaru and Kabuto experimented on me, and now I'm in jail for who knows how long for something I didn't do" Koin explains looking down.

Akumu stays silent listening to everything that he said, she saw how he wanted to cry but he was stopping himself from doing so "Sasuke was here, he wanted me to join him to get revenge on his brother, but he had a team with him" said Koin "Wait, Sasuke was here?!" Akumu asked shocked "Akumu! Don't shout, I don't want the others to hear" said Koin almost yelling at her "Sorry, but Sasuke was here?" Akumu asked again in a low voice "Yes, again he wanted me to join him on his mission to get revenge on Itachi" 

"I think it's still a bad idea, this whole revenge thing" said Akumu "It is..." Koin agrees, Akumu gets up "So, let's go stop him" Koin looks up at her confused "What?" "You heard me, let's go stop him, if he won't listen to Naruto or anyone else, he'll most likely listen to you" said Akumu grabbing a key from her pocket and unlocking the cell door "This I stole" she admits smiling, Koin chuckles at her "You're always full of surprises Akumu"