Chapter 23

Koin watches as the male draws two beasts in his scroll, the beasts come out of the scroll and run at them. Koin gets in front of Sasuke "Almighty push!" he yells as he raises his injured arm at the beasts, a huge gush of winds appears at them blasting them away. Koin hisses from the pain but ignores it. Sasuke gently grabs his shoulder getting Koin's attention "Let me fight him, you are too injured to fight" Koin wanted to protest but he knew he wouldn't change his mind "Alright, be careful"

He watches as Sasuke runs at the male ready to attack, the male draws a beast and the beast runs at him, Koin looks at the beast but he notices something on it, his eyes widened when he sees a paper bomb on it "Sasuke!! wait!!" he uses his papers to fly to Sasuke creating a huge shield to protect him as the beast explodes with a huge explosion.

The dust finally vanishes, Sasuke opens his eyes but the paper shield wasn't in front of him but Koin now, Koin smiles at him coughing from the dust "Are you alright Sasuke?" he asked, Sasuke looks at him until he wraps Koin's arm around his neck and jumps away from the male.

The male was also coughing from the dust "Wow...I didn't expect you to shake off my jutsu so forcibly" he says before looking up at them, Koin and Sasuke didn't say anything as they look back at him until a flash of black runs at the male grabbing his throat "Akumu? what're you doing?!" he asked until a pink hair girl runs at them. Koin's eyes widened "Quiet, you! I'm asking the questions here! and this time, you better not lie!" she yells filled with anger.

"Akumu...? Sakura...?" said Koin, he watches as the two froze at the sound of his voice before they turned their heads at them. Sakura and Akumu's eyes widened "Nii-chan...Sa-Sasuke-kun" Sakura said barely getting any words out while Akumu stayed silent, her eyes glued to Koin. That was until a yellow flash runs in, and Koin instantly recognizes the yellow spike-haired as Naruto. "Sasuke...Koin..." Naruto said looking up at them.

Sasuke and Naruto look at each other in complete silence, Koin looks at Sasuke only to see his usual blank face "So, Naruto...you came too. I assume this means Kakashi's here somewhere..." said Sasuke, as he said that an unfamiliar man stood next to Naruto getting both Sasuke and Koin's attention "Sorry, but Kakashi couldn't make it. I'm here in his stead. We of Team Kakashi are here to take you both back to Konoha" said the male. Sasuke and Koin look down at the man, Koin moves his eyes to see Akumu and Sakura, some of his memory was blurry but remembered a few of how he murdered and hurt others.

"Team Kakashi, huh?" asked Sasuke breaking Koin out of his thoughts until the male pulls out a katana "Sai! you are not still thinking of your mission?!" yelled Sakura, getting everyone's attention "Is he my replacement...? he said something about wanting to protect the bond we had with Naruto, but...but looks like this one is just another weakling too" said Sasuke, Koin looks at Sasuke "Yes...my top-secret mission was to kill Sasuke and Koin...but I'm done following orders. From now on, I want to think for myself" said the male known as Sai, Koin now looks at Sai after he heard him say 'kill' them "I feel like you can help me remember, Naruto...bring back those old feelings I thought were lost...the things that were once really important to me...as for you, Sasuke, Koin...I really don't know that much about you both...except that Naruto and Sakura are willing to risk everything for you...to keep that special bond you all share alive...in the name of friendship. I still don't understand it fully...but I think you do, Sasuke, Koin. Don't you?" asked Sai. Koin looks down at Sai shocked by what he said.

"Yeah...I did. and that's exactly why we cut them" said Sasuke, Koin looks at Sasuke more shocked at what he said.

 and that's exactly why we cut them" said Sasuke, Koin looks at Sasuke more shocked at what he said

"I have different bonds now...the bond of hatred between my older brother and me...personal ties cause confusion. Precious memories only make you weak" said Sasuke, at that moment it felt like Koin's heart broke into two "my love for you is nothing?" "Why, Sasuke...?" asked Naruto getting both Sasuke and Koin's attention.

"Why, on that day...why don't you just kill me?! that would've broken it! or maybe you can't! maybe you're afraid! huh?!" yelled Naruto, his voice filled with anger "Naruto..." Koin mumbled under his breath "...there's a simple explanation...it's not that I couldn't break the bond between us....I was simply doing as my brother did before me. It was just a strategy to gain power" explained Sasuke.