Chapter 46

Koin's POV

"You're lying" she growls keeping her katana aimed at my chest, but I wasn't at all phased by it. I looked straight in her eyes as her eyes held anger and sadness, her anger telling her to finish the job, but she was struggling to not listen to her anger, to not be blinded by it. 

"Aku, how long have we been friends? How long have you known me?" I asked her but she didn't answer so I continued "I would never lie to my best friend, to the one friend that cared about me, who knew what I was going through. I never killed Zabuza or Haku" I finished. I watched as she lifts her katana off my chest as she steps back from me, I slowly got up while keeping an eye on Akumu making sure she didn't try anything.

As I got up I watched as Akumu started to cry, I never seen Akumu cry, for as long as I remember she never shed a single tear, at least not in front of me. She was always strong even when the whole village despised her, I always looked up to her because she was always strong, stronger than me. "Aku..." "Don't!" she yells stopping me from my track, I didn't dare take a single step fearing she might attack me again. Before I knew it, she ran, ran into the forest, I wanted to call out to her but I knew she probably didn't want to be around me, didn't want to hear what I had to say, and I knew now she wanted to be alone.