(9) WHO ARE THEY SCOLDING?

Who Are They Scolding?

S.U.N.G.H.O.O.N

Text notification:
Reminder family meeting. Please arrive at Icy Fashion's headquarters in a timely manner.

I sigh exhausted from a long day of work. Seeing my parents is just the thing I need.

Even though they're busy CEOs, they have always been there for me no matter what. They send snack trucks for my movie set crew and they gift my co-workers often.

Also, recently it's been in talks that they want me to inherit the company in a couple of years.

I have no thoughts conflicting with their wishes. They're growing older and want to retire. I can respect that. They deserve a break.

I look up from my phone catching a black van in my peripheral vision. Sunoo pulls up in front as I stand out the movie set building.

"Are you ready?" He asks leaning over toward the passenger side window as if he didn't just pass out in my arms.

Is he okay?

I mean he doesn't know I know about his condition. Which means that if I asked about the truth he'd lie...

I sigh not understanding.

Sunoo was in excruciating pain before. He fainted and had to rest for hours before we could leave set.

But he didn't say anything. Not what was wrong. Not what he felt. Not what he thought. Not one word.

He just laid there, frozen.

I run my hands through my hair, bring myself to. I can worry about this later. I have to get going.

"Yeh," I get in, "Next stop is Icy Fashion Company. I have a meeting."

The moment I walk in through the entrance of the company, many employees begin to bow to me out of respect. Sunoo guards me as we walk towards the elevator.

"Are your parents aware that someone is threatening you?" He asks with a serious facial expression.

In the elevator, I turn to him, "No, my parent's hearts would stop if they knew. So, er-- don't tell them."

Sunoo nods, not saying anything else. He's back in bodyguard mode. I noticed he doesn't say much when he's actively working.

It's like he switches between personalities depending on the task. He drives silently. He guards silently.

Then the moment we're alone he becomes the easiest person to tease. He always gets riled up and talkative.

"Why are you so tense?" I look at him with suspicion.

His eye stays glued on the elevator floor count.

Seven.
Eight.
Nine.

We're on our way to the twelfth.

"Sunoo," I call out his name.

"The person who wants your company; he has to be someone close" He states suddenly.

His eyes squint as if he trying to read something far away, but he's actually just thinking.

"If getting rid of you..." he continues on "is the key that means the culprit has to be someone next in line that could easily appear if you were gone."

"That could be anyone. The assistant CEO, the secretary--." I freak out for a second.

"You're an only child, right?" Sunoo questions.

"Yes," I nod and the elevator opens.

We walk passed a glass meeting room. My mom, dad, the assistant CEO, the secretary, and a few shareholders were sitting around a table.

"Wait out here," I order Sunoo, but before I can take a step away he grabs my wrist; his grip a bit tight.

He stares at me intensely, but I'm just confused. My eyebrows furrows.

Sunoo slowly looks from me, to the meeting room; His grip loosing as he changes focus.

"Who are they scolding?" Sunoo asks.

I look to see my dad's secretary throwing a fit at a person with average features. They didn't seem familiar to me so I shrugged my shoulders,

" I don't know. Probably a employee who messed up big time."

Sunoo still seems tense and I sigh, "Don't worry about some random guy. Just watch over me from out here, okay?"

He nods, letting go of me and I walk into the meeting room.

It's dead silent as everyone awkwardly avoids looking at the scene right in front of them. I sit down in an empty seat next to my and slightly flinch at the sound of slap.

I saw it. The secretary's hand go across the poor employee's face again. And again. And again.

"That's enough!" My father finally raises his voice, "that's enough punishment for now."

The secretary hand freezes mid air and mom stands to her feet.

"Thank you for coming the shareholders meeting; I apologize for interrupting with inconveniences. You all are free to go. Thank you again."

Everyone around me begins to move murmuring and whispering.

Just my mom, dad,the assistant CEO, the secretary, and the messy haired employee remained with me.

My mom turns sharply toward the secretary who still had moved and was red in the face.

"Both of you take your seat. Family meeting," she demands.

At once they both begin to walk off to the spots. Upon first glance I could've swore, that he was just another employees that messed up, but as his shaggy hair swayed my eyes widened to see...

Jake.

Emotionlessly he takes his seat with out a word next to me.

What's going on here?

I look over to him and his face is rushed. I reach out for his hand, "Are you okay?"

I was really stunned and wanted answers, but he just pulled away and avoided eye contact.

Again... What is going on here?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU FOR READING!!! THERE WAS MORE I WANTED TO WRITE, BUT I REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE BEFORE THE MONTH ENDED. SO THIS WILL OF COURSE JUST CONTINUE ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR? WHY IS JAKE THERE? WHAT IS THE MEETING FOR?