(14) YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE

You Can't Leave Me Here

T. H. I. R. D. P. E. R. S. O. N.

As soon as they set foot on the premise of the fashion company, they could feel that something is wrong. A crowd including the company's staff members and random people off the street nearly block the entrance.

And all of them are looking in one direction. 

Up.

Sunoo's head rises  slowly. The CEO of ICY  is standing on the edge of the roof.  

He is about to jump...

There is a wailing behind Sunghoon and Sunoo... "Don't do it sir! Please don't do it," a woman, a staff member because she has an ICY ID hanging around her neck, collapses to her knees.

"Father!" Sunghoon yells bolting ahead of Sunoo into the building. The bodyguard tries to take a step and go after him, but he's held back. 

Sunoo faces his older brother, "Aren't you still weak?" Heeseung questions with a look of concern.

"I'll never be weak enough to let anyone die. I'm going," He snatches his arm away and goes after Sunghoon.  They must save his dad.

Heeseung is left to wait. He prays that Sunoo has the strength he needs to do his job. 

"Heeseung?" The elder brother looks around to see Jungwon approaching him.

"Heeseung, is it really you? We haven't met in awhile. It's crazy; I wish we were meeting under different circumstances..." He stands next to his old friend, staring up to the top of the building.

Heeseung pats Jungwon on the back, "Do you think he's really gonna...?"

"Hope not," Jungwon answered quickly. No hesitation.

"Oh, Jungwon there you are?" Jay jogs over to them but keeps his eyes on the roof of the building, "Where's Jake? I don't know where he went after we left the restaurant."

"Don't know, don't care." Jungwon states simply.

The older pouts, scratching the back of his head as he glances back and forth between Jungwon's puzzled expression and the CEO.

"Please don't. Please don't," Jay hears the younger whispering to himself.

The rooftop door opens with a squeak. The first thing Sunghoon sees is the assistant CEO cooing nicely to the CEO.

"Sir, please. Your wife wouldn't want this," he begs.

"What do you know about my wife!?!" The CEO yells back, "She loved me! She wanted to be with me!" He cries.

"And I want to be with her," he looks up to the sky.

Sunghoon's fist ball up in frustration, "So you were just going to leave me too?"

The father's eyes fell on his son, "Sunghoon... My perfect son. That's why I called you here. So that we can reunite with your mother together," he smiles big. It's almost unsettling.

"Whaa-" Sunghoon closes his eyes trying to keep himself from crying, "Dad, there is no reuniting with mom. She's gone."

"SHE'S NOT," the father disagrees, "Fine, you  stay here if you want. Live in this world as the shallow celebrity actor you wish to be. I will go with your mothe--," He turns to face the crowd.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sunghoon screams, nearly falling down to his knees. He catches himself, bending down to just rest his hands on his knees instead.

The world is too heavy. Sunghoon's shoulders can only hold so much and it seems he's beginning to be crushed.