(2) INTRUDERS

Intruder's Will Meet Their Karma

S.U.N.O.O

Knock. Knock. Knock.

My fist loudly hit the door of room number seventy-four. It swings open almost immediately and the next thing I know Park Sunghoon, the celebrity, is towering over me.

He licks his lips and scans the rest of the hall. Then his shoulders shrug, "Looks like shorties only know other shorties."

I take a step back.

"Does Bom really think a baby like you can protect a man like me?" he walks away from the door leaving it wide open for me to follow, but suddenly I feel a strong urge to just turn around and go home.

Ugh, but I can't. I already signed the contract.

***

Thirty minutes have gone by and I have come to the conclusion that this place is a literal maze. I am pretty sure I'm lost. All the hallways looked the same and I'm staring at a cabinet of Park Sunghoon's baby pictures for the third time.

He was supposed to be giving me a tour, but stepped aside to take a phone call from a friend, Jake? I think that's the name. I should remember and do a background check later on him and anyone else my client mentions. Anyway, because of that I sort of wandered off on my own. Now, I hope he answers my unknown numbers because I doubt he has my number saved.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Where are you?" To answer the question sounds dangerous as Park Sunghoon's voice is suddenly lower and in a more sinister tone than we first met. Why is he talking like that? I feel provoked.

"wHo ArE yOu TalkInG tO?" I immediately take defense, "It's not my fault you live in this enormous freaking house for no reason. I'm lost. Come get me, so I can get do my job and protect your movie star butt!"

I hear snickering on the other end of the phone and one of my eyebrows rise.

"Sunoo? Sorry, thought someone else was calling. Tell me what you see? I'll meet you."

Oh.

Awkwardly, I look around suddenly feeling bad about yelling at him... but he did start it.

"By the cabinet of baby photos," I relay my position to him.

He walks from around the corner waving his cell in his hand, "You're the first person to yell at me over the phone in years. Why can't Bom be more like you"? He smirks and I nod obviously uncomfortable.

He takes a step and as I'm about to follow him my phone notification goes off loudly. My eyes widen in embarrassment. It's the Baby Shark ringtone. Again a smirk slowly forms on his face, "Answer the call on speaker. It's a rule I have."

I sigh. Heeseung's name slides across the screen. Hoping he doesn't say anything to ruin me I press accept and set the conversation on speaker.

"Are you okay? Are you okay?" Heeseung is practically screaming. Park Sunghoon leans in close to understand what the urgency in my brother's voice is about.

I laugh nervously and answer him in a kind of sing-song way, "I'm fine. Stop screaming. You're on speaker and I'm with a client."

I listen to Heeseung's breathing. Normally he's gone for his morning run at this time, so he is out of breath. Despite that fact though, he speaks fast, "It just thundered. It just thundered. You didn't hear it?"

My heart lurches in my chest, "No. I didn't hear anything."

"Why is hearing thunder so important?" Sunghoon asks becoming more interested in the sound of panic.