(16) VULNERABLITY IS EASIER WITH RIKI

Vulnerablity Is Easier With Riki

H. E. E. S. E. U. N. G.

I don't like this. The fact that this is Sunoo's job. I always knew that being a bodyguard was dangerous, but never did I think it to this extend. What if it was Sunoo who got shot instead of Jake's uncle?

I mean, I don't want to sound uncompassionate. Of course, I feel awful for Jake and his situation...

But I practically raised Sunoo after--.
After our parents deaths. And I know him. If Sunoo would have spotted the assassin a tad bit earlier, he wouldn't even hesitate. He'd risk his life for a stranger. A person he barely knows.

As a result be dead.

Anyone could call me the bad guy for thinking my thoughts. But I believe I'm right. Thinking that should Sunoo to quit and come back. So I can take care of him. For thinking he should be more focused on dealing with own problems-- his health. For thinking he's too weak.

I should talk him. Try again and tell him to come home.

He can't be a bodyguard. He can't work for Sunghoon. That celebrity's cursed. You can see it cuz his mother died. His father nearly died, by when he didn't an employee was killed instead. I can't--.

It's all over his face. Sunghoon's... he's next. I know it. He's going to die soon and it seems to be his destiny. If he doesn't... the world has away of balancing things out.

If Sunoo's in the way... I won't let that thought form. No. The world can't take Sunoo.

He's the only one I have left.

"Heeseung," I hear Sunghoon call my name as I reach for some towels. They're at the top of the hallway chef.

"Hmm?" I respond, just wishing he'd make it quick. I'm really not in the mood to converse.

"I need your advice," he starts, "Sunoo hasn't spoken to me all day. I'm worried he may be upset with me or worse... that he's holding back his feelings about the recent events."

I turn around and begin walking with no warning. Sunghoon looks confused as first, but he just does a little jog to catch back up with me.

He walks next to me, "Either way, it's not looking too good. What should I do?"

I stop and turn to him. He freezes and smiles nervously.

"Nothing," I speak simply.

"Nothing?" He repeats not believing me.

"I'm serious. Take it from the person who Sunoo's actually upset with at the moment. He will talk to you--."

Sunghoon talks over me trying to finish my sentence, "When he feels better?"

"No... When he has something to say. Until then, wait..." I nod, then continue on my way. Leaving him standing there.

Finally, I can stop looking at his face.

I make a right into the bathroom at the end of the hall. Jake's in the tub. Just sort of staring off into space. He looks drained of energy with dark bags begining to form under his eyes.

This sight is depressing.

"Ni-Ki," I call out. He's rubbing shampoo into Jake's hair. He stops abruptly, looking back at me as if I were a ghost.

I raise an eyebrow, "Where should I put these towels?"

"By the sink," he answers and returns his attention back to Jake.

R.I.K.I

Heeseung leaves and once again, silence falls over the bathroom. My brain can't take this pressure. I feel more uneasy with each drop of water from the leaking faucet.

"Close your eyes," I order, already finished shampooing Jake's head. He does as I tell him, but to be honest he's always been like this.

He's never never made it his mission to disagree or argue with me. He just constantly kept showing up to hang out and have fun.

I had no clue he had so much going on in his head.

I scoop up some water to rain on his hair. The soap begins to disappear from Jake's scalp as I wash it out.

When I got here, the others told me he of his dark past of self harm and depressive episodes. I sigh.l and he stiffens at that sound.

"Are you...," he pauses not sure if he actually wants to hear the answer to the question he going to ask. "Are you... disappointed in me?"

I nearly shout becoming flustered, "What? No, no. Of course not," I manage to utter. But it comes out nervously.

I would never want him to feel I think that way.

"Then why are you so quiet?" he asks avoiding eye contact with me.

"Because I'm scared, " I realize my answer is a little too quick and a little too honest.

His head turns down toward the water, "Of me?"

"For you, " I give into my feelings, "Jake, I can't read your mind... And you don't ask for help. So why when we finally catch on and try to reach out, you won't let us in?"

I hear him take a breath. It's immediately followed by sobbing.

"I-I don't know what h-happened," he raises his shaking hands to cover his face. Out of habit, I put my around him and pat his shoulder. I don't even care that my sleeve is all wet.

"My uncle... I just remember being upset with him because he slapped me in front of his colleagues," he begins to tell me his story. I shut up and listen, because that's all I can do, "I told him I hate him... that I wished he'd go die. It was out of anger, I didn't actually mean it."

"It wasn't your fault," I say.

"It was a petty fight. I wanted to make up with him... but in the end I was too late," he takes his hands down from his face slowly. He looks up at me with big sad puppy dog eyes.

He scoffs with a frown, "And to think I thought it was crazy that Sunghoon and his dad would die to be with Mrs.Park, but then suddenly I was doing the same thing."

"Jake," my heart nearly stops at his words.

"I wanted to a tone for my sins. I--," I cut him off.

"Please don't speak like that," I can feel myself tearing up.

"Riki?" He places his hand on mine that's waiting on his shoulder.

"Don't say anything else. Just come here," I demand, pulling him into a hug. The bath water splashes a bit making a mess. My top half of my shirt is sorta drenched, but honestly...

I don't care.

***

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED*

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING OUT CHAPTER SIXTEEN! I BELIEVE NEXT CHAPTER WILL ALSO BE OUT SOON HOPEFULLY.

Q: GOT ANY COMMENTS FOR THIS CHAPTER?JAKE WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET HIS FEELINGS OFF HIS CHEST. THATS GOOD. AS FOR HEESEUNG... HE'S BEING A BIT EXTRA...😑

KEEP READING FOR MORE BROMANCE AND CRAZY STORY PLOT. A LOT IS COMING. 😏