(12) GOODNIGHT, SUNOO

Goodnight, Sunoo

S.U.N.G.H.O.O.N.

Of course, comfort can never come so easily.

What I wanted
was for someone to hold me.

What Sunoo needed
was for someone to hold him.

"Please just come hug me a like friend would," I say as my heart gets heavier. My mom. Why? Why did they take her from me? I needed her. I loved her.

Why did it have to be this way?

Sunoo takes his seat next to me agreeing to be with me now and to theorize later. His arms  gently sling around my neck. He pulls me close patting shoulder.

He doesn't say word.

What could he say? That things will get better? That everything will be alright.

Nothing will be ever be the same, let alone alright. My hands don't stop shaking as I stare down at them. I need time.

My mom. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

More tears drop from my eyes. I go to wipe them, but the sound of my phone notification goes off loudly.

Quickly it's followed by the sound of thunder. I didn't even notice it raining again.

Sunoo let go of me jerking his head back. He holds his chest groaning for a second. I notice how tightly his nails are gripping on to his shirt and his head comes back down on my shoulder.

My eyes widen at the sound of him whimpering.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask hoping he'd finally tell me.

He's hesitates to answer, but I'm already going through his jacket. He's voice is hoarse as he turns his face into the crook of my neck, "Sunghoon."

His staggered breathing is hot, but I ignore it. The sound of pills shaking in a bottle relieve me. I found it.

Green. Perfect.
Extreme Pain Numbing.

I pour two in my hand as the label says and try to give them to Sunoo.

"No," he pushes my hand back knocking the medicine to the floor.

Another thunder scream echos through out throughout the penthouse. He holds on to me tighter.

I'm left dumb founded. I don't know what to do now.

He takes in a deep breath and forces himself to speak again despite the excruciating pain in his chest.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes for wasting his medication, "I took s-some before you got back. I-I can't take it again for another eight hours."

He gasps crying.

I'm getting nervous. Is his medication not working?

"Then what do we do until then?" I panic trying to get him an answer out of him.

"I'll be fine. The storm will be over in a bit, I'll endure," he softens his grip on me and makes himself let go.

"But-" I start, watching his get down on his knees and clean up the wasted mess, "But you're in pain."

I pick up my cellphone to text Heeseung. I check my notifications. He's the one who called right as the storm hit.

There's a text.

Heeseung:
The Pink Pills.

"You should sleep!" I stand stopping Sunoo and bringing him to his feet.