(17) THE HELPLESS & THE NUMB

A/N: For all the people who want to read stories about the stories of their favorite ships without the romance... Enjoy The Bromance

THE HELPLESS AND THE NUMB

J.A.Y

A trash bag slings over my shoulder. I buff up as I turn to the others who have all gathered in the living room with me.

Finally, we've finished cleaning up the mess. Now we can just relax.

"Alright, this is the last thing. I'll take it ou--" I take step forward, when a stuttering voice speaks up over me in a whisper shout.

"I-I should be taking my leave now," Riki says as he struggles to move a heavy head, to a pillow, off his shoulder. Jake was napping on him.

I pause watching him get to his feet, "Why are you in such a rush? I was about to insist everyone stay the night."

He smiles nervously, "No thanks, I'll be going now."

He doesn't give me a chance to persuade him as he walks with a quick pace toward my front door. I'm sure he's going to be gone with in the second, but to my surprise Jungwon grabs his employees hands.

It's dead silent.
Jungwon doesn't get up from his seat on the couch. Nor does his eyes lift from the floor.

Riki just stands frozen, confused as to why his boss is stopping him.

"Stay," Jungwon let's go and slowly raises his head, "it's late."

"Boss," Riki wants to protests.

"What's wrong? Did Jake do something to you?" Jungwon raises a brow.

"No. Of course not," Riki waves his hands frantically.

"Then why do you suddenly look so uncomfortable?" Jungwon asks.

Riki glances around the room. His eyes plead for help. But everyone is waiting for his answer.

He sigh, "You're eyes."

Jungwon's heads tilts to the side, "My eyes?"

"Not just yours. There's been a shift, I can see it in everyone's eyes... Death," he speaks clearly up until that last word.

Death.

What?

"What does that mean?" I say freaking out. That's some horror movie stuff. He must be joking. Riki... He seems like someone who could be a prankster...  Yehh.

"At first only Sunoo and Jay had the eyes," he continues, "cold and dull despite the desperate attempts to hide behind a smile."

He eyes land right on mine.

"But now... all you have the same look, of a person who's seen death," he finally says out aloud.

My skin runs cold at his words. Did he say, I already had the look.