(15) IN A POOL OF HIS OWN BLOOD

TRIGGER WARNING:
- self harm :(

TRIGGER WARNING: - self harm :(

In A Pool Of His Own Blood

S.U.N.G.H.O.O.N

My heart's heavy as I watch him.
As I watch Sunoo.

It wasn't until now, that I realized what it takes to be a bodyguard. The idea that despite his job to protect me and the others nearby, there are still somethings he can't control... realizations like that hit hard.

But it's impact's even more affective when you watch him go from bawling his eyes out in his brothers arms to a sudden dry expressionless face as he repeats his witness statement to multiple cops.

His face is still cold as we check my father into a hospital. Keeping my father here was a tough decision, but I must make sure he won't hurt himself or anyone else. We leave once I confirm all the paperwork with the front desk worker.

"Sunoo," I call him as we drive in our car. He hasn't said a thing since his is interview.

Heeseung sits in the back seat, drowning the sound of the outside world with his music. It's silent in the front as Sunoo's hands tremble on the steering wheel. His eyes focus on the road.

I doubt he ignores me on purpose. I can see all the thoughts racing through his mind. I shouldn't bother him at his current state.

I ride quietly. The car turn left at a corner and pulls into Jay's driveway.

Heeseung takes out a earphone, "Where are we?"

"My friends," I answer simply.

We get out the car and approach the front door. I lift my finger to press the doorbell, but it opens before I get the chance.

"Come in," Jay says a bit out of breath.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's Jake, " Jay sits on his couch running his hands through his hair nervously, "he locked himself in the guest bedroom."

Heeseung's mouth drops open.

"Is he okay... in there by himself?" I raise a brow. My question is quickly answered as it's immediately followed by the sound of glass shattering to the ground.

Everyone's head turns towards the back hallway. Jungwon rushes in from the dark corridor, "We have to get that door open," he urges us.

Sunoo's eyes widen, "Jungwon?"

"I'll call Ni-Ki. It's who he's fondest of. Can you guys get that door open? He's threatening to harm himself," he replies frantically pulling his phone out of his pocket.

He walks out the front door to make his call.

"Glass shattering?" Jay whispers to himself, "I don't have any vases in there?"