(1) WHEN RAIN CAN KILL YOU

A/N: For all the people who want to read stories about the stories of their favorite ships without the romance... Enjoy The Bromance!

When Rain Can Kill You

S.U.N.O.O

"Heeseung!"

I scream for my older brother at the sound of thunder. He's fast. Not even a second goes by before he slams my bedroom door open and rushes to my side.

"Close your eyes! Steady your breathing," He demands as his footsteps trail away. In the darkness, all I hear is the sound of angry rain and panicked rummaging.

There's a frustrated sigh, "Darn it, Sunoo! Where are they?" Heeseung yells at me.

A wave of lightheadedness hits me like a truck and I suddenly feel like I'm falling even though I'm laying in bed. It's followed by a shock. My heart-- there's a sharp pain. As a coping mechanism, I clutch on to my chest through my shirt.

I whimper, finding it harder to breathe.

"Hey. Hey," I feel Heeseung's body heat closer than before. His warm hands shake me in an attempt to regain my focus. Everything's a blur. I barely see him.

"The desk," my voice can only manage a whisper.

"What?"

"The pills. There on the desks!" I repeat.

Heeseung's eyes grow wide. Then he moves to his feet with urgency. I feel his presence leave for a moment and I just have to wait. Heeseung comes back and sits next to me on the bed, "Take this. Drink this."

Pushing past the weak feeling darting through my body, I lift myself to lean on my older brother. He hands me medicine and a cup of water. I follow his instructions without hesitation.

Thunder booms echoing throughout the house again. I grip onto Heeseung tighter hiding my face in the back of his shoulder, "I want to endure for our parents, but I don't know how much more I can take."

***

I wake up gasping for air. My chest aches from the night, but I feel a lot better than before. Still, I'm concerned, so I immediately grab my phone. It's five in the morning. I check my favorite weather app, Weathersuites. They're the most accurate compared to other sources.

No rain today. Good sign. It's been wet out all weekend and because of that, I've had to stay home a take care of my health.

The timing really worked too as I actually start my first day at my new job today.

I'm a bodyguard.

Moving the comforter set off me, I head toward my bathroom. I'm supposed to be at my clients' house in exactly an hour. They don't live too far away, so I can leave later than my last job and still make it with minutes to spare.

"Sunoo," I hear Heeseung call for me in his sleepy voice.

"Hmm?"

He sits up, looking at me with a serious expression. He smacks his lips a couple of times as his eyes then scan my room trying to figure out his surroundings. He sighs, "I think you should consider... not going back to work."

He's worried about me.

My head tilts to the side and I give him a tiny smile.

"Wait, don't disagree yet," he seems to have prepared a whole speech, "Just listen. I make more than enough money as a k-pop songwriter. I can provide for both of us. You shouldn't worry about work. I know it can be stressful."

I chuckle and he stops immediately.

"Heeseung," I start, "Thank you for caring and wanting to take care of your little brother, but I consider working as a form of freedom. Although rainy weather has made our lives very difficult recently, I still want to be treated like a normal adult. Don't make me feel like a burden," I warn still smiling.

Heeseung face palms himself. He hates dealing with my condescending tone, so he gives up pretty quickly. I feel kind of bad, but I would really rather we help each other. I won't let him just keep worrying about me.

"I'm going to go get ready. Is it okay if I take the Tessla?"

He smiles a little; he likes whenever I mention one of his cars. He nods.

"Thanks," then I leave the room.

***

As I drive, the GPS instructs me on where to go, "Your destination is on the right". I pull into the parking lot of this huge penthouse building. Heeseung and I live in a nice place too, but this... this is a whole other level.

I walk in through the lobby doors guarded by bellmen. I don't get the chance to talk to the desk lady because I see a middle-aged man dressed up in a suit jump up at the sight of me. He power walks several steps in my direction, so I just kind of stand there confused.

Soon, he's before me outreaching his hands. We shake.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Kim Sunoo. The bodyguard I hired. I'm Bom Young Cheol," he says holding on to my hand longer than a normal handshake should be. I politely bow my head, "Ah, Mr. Bom. Nice to meet you."

He looks nervous and is sweating.

"Okay, come sit. I want to brief you, then I'll send you right up to meet the person you'll be protecting, Park Sunghoon". He guides me to one of the lobby couches and we take our seats. He reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out a handkerchief to wipe his damp forehead.

"Sorry about my presentation. I was attacked on the elevator."

My mouth opens in shock, "What?"

"Oh don't be worried about me. They were after Sunghoon, I'm just glad I was there to catch them before he could see." He sounds relieved despite being shaken.

I nod listening more carefully. Bom pulls up a bag onto his lap and hands me a folder, "Park Sunghoon is one of the most famous actors in all of Korea right now, but he also is next in line to inherit his family's business, Icy. You know the top-selling fashion brand company."

"Yes sir."

"Well, someone anonymous is after the company and has hired a group of assassins to kill Sunghoon. He's received many death threats lately but isn't aware of the significance. He thinks it's normal for celebrities," Bom clasps both his hands together and leans further in.

My eye twitches. How in the world is receiving death threats seen as normal?

"That is where you come in. When I was looking at applicants, you seemed most impressive. You seemed reliable as if I can count on you to protect Sunghoon with your life. Am I right?" the corners of his mouth grow into a smirk as he stares into my eyes.

***

Knock. Knock. Knock.

My fist loudly hit the door of room number seventy-four. It swings open almost immediately and the next thing I know Park Sunghoon, the celebrity, is towering over me.

He licks his lips and scans the rest of the hall. Then his shoulders shrug, "Looks like shorties only know other shorties."

I take a step back.

"Does Bom really think a baby like you can protect a man like me?" he walks away from the door leaving it wide open for me to follow, but suddenly I feel a strong urge to just turn around and go home.

THANKS FOR READING! BE SURE TO PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR AT THE BOTTOM, COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS, AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE STORIES. 😊😘

QUESTION OF THE DAY: who's your ENHYPEN bias?