(37) THERAPY SESSION

A/N: For all the people who want to read stories about of their favorite ships without the romance... Enjoy the Bromance :)

 Enjoy the Bromance :)

Therapy Session

S.U.N.O.O.

[Three Years Later ]

I just want to stop being so anxious
all the time. But it's as if I was programmed this way.

Even as I sit in my
therapist's office right now,
I'm caught in trance
unable to look away
from the window
on my left.

"And you've been taking your medication as prescribed, correct?" My therapist asks.

"Yes," I answer, but honestly her voice is very close to fading.

My hands tremble.
I mean they always do.
I have a tremor.
But it seems more so than usual I guess.

And it's frustrating
because if it's not one thing,
it's always another.

I see lightening flash in the distance.
A loud booming thunder follows after it and suddenly it's like all the oxygen in my lungs deserts my body.

I jump a little, snapping my attention back to the small framed ginger woman in front of me.

She sighs, looking up from her note pad. Her eyes filled with pity as she glances toward her window.

The grey skies pour down like a storm.

And a nervous smile forms on her face, "Oh silly me; normally I check the weather before our session," she gets up with urgency to close her wine red curtains.

Then she walks over to her stereo. I hear the button she presses. It makes a click. The sound of ocean waves overtake the room. It physically buzzes over my skin and drowns out the pit pats of the rain outside. Naturally, my body enters a calm numb state. I can't seem to keep a steady thought.

I can't seem to remember why I was ever so nervous in the first place. I let out at deep breath as my eyes blur. A tears are racing from eyes, but I have no idea why.

In an awkward panic, I move robotically trying to use my sleeve to wipe my face. As vision clears, my mind scans the room as I take in smooth breaths.

Whenever I hear beach waves crashing into each other, I enter this sensual sensation of being the most relax. I feel like a misting cloud sits over my head.

My therapist calls it noise therapy. I don't know why it works... considering it sound so similar rain. But there was this whole explanation on phenomenon of noises being so alike, but still distinctly different that imports a feeling of safety.