Give me back my sanity

Requested by anniebellchase

I love doing these. Breaking the 4th wall is my specialty 😌

"What the shit?!"

"Who the fuck are you?!"

"James-"

"Sebastian-"

                {10 minutes earlier}

It started off normal. You were away on a mission for the day, possibly more, and Bucky was asleep trying to pass the time until you got back. He was peaceful, for once in his chaotic life, he was peaceful. He held onto the stuffed bear tightly as his light snores filled your room, his eyes closed, and a faint smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Of course, he was rudely snatched from his dreams when an elevator crashed through his ceiling. Bucky jumped, eyes wide, and fell to the floor by the bed. Quickly, he stood up and grabbed the gun under his open book, aiming it at the elevator.

"What the hell...." He mumbled, slowly walking towards the elevator.

Something collided with the door on the other side making Bucky's heart stop. Hesitantly, he pried the door open, preparing himself for anything. After a few moments, a man stepped out, falling to his knees and throwing up on Bucky's floor. Cringing, Bucky took one hand off his gun and pinched his nose, turning away from the stomach-twisting sight.

"Oh, gross!" He whined, the noise of the man throwing up his insides made Bucky shiver, "Who even are you?"

Groaning, the man slowly stood up. Bucky never dropped his gun but instead gripped it tighter as he turned to face the stranger.

"Where the hell am I?" He asked, raising his head.

When both sets of eyes met, they both stumbled back and hit the floor. Bucky shifted to a corner and so did the man. He looked just like Bucky, only with shorter hair, and no metal arm. Trying not to panic, Bucky gathered his courage and took the knife out of his belt. Since he was too tired to change out of his suit this morning when he and Steve had a rescue mission, he found your room and plopped on the bed, already exhausted. Bucky stood up and pointed the knife in the man's direction, slightly scared that he might try something slick.

"How did you get here and why the fuck do you look like me?" Bucky snarled, ready to throw the knife, "This is some Hydra bullshit, right? To make me lose my mind?"

The man shook his head, eyes wide, "You're not real. This isn't real."

"This is very much real. Maybe if I show you just how real this knife is-"

"Okay! Okay!" The guy shouted, standing up and holding out his hands, "Don't do that, please. I-I just want to know how I got here. Where's my girlfriend?"

Bucky scoffed, "Shit, as if I know either of those things. What's your name, weirdo?"

The man sighed, running a hand through his hair, "Sebastian. Sebastian Stan. You?"

"Weird ass name." Bucky commented, slowly lowering his knife, "James."

"This isn't happening." Sebastian mumbled, "You're not real. You're fake."

"Well, ouch." Bucky rolled his eyes, "Well if I'm fake you're fake. And if you're fake, then I can kill you and pretend none of this happened."

"No!" Sebastian shouted, finding another corner, "Where's Y/n?! What the hell am I even doing here?! One minute I'm sleeping and the next I'm looking at a fictional character."

Bucky froze, "I'm sorry, hold on. You said...Y/n? As in Y/n L/n?"

Sebastian furrowed his brows, tilting his head to the side, "Yeah.....wait how do you know her?"

"She's my girlfriend asshole!" Bucky shouted, quickly pinning Sebastian to the wall and pressing the knife to his throat, "What the fuck are you doing with Y/n?! How do you know her?!"

"We're dating! She's been my girlfriend for 3 years! What the fuck are you doing with her?!" Sebastian shouted back, defensive.

Bucky stayed silent. Were you cheating? He clenched his Jaw, pressing the knife further until blood trickled from Sebastian's throat. You promised him you wouldn't. Why would you do that? Was he not good enough for you? Was it him? Did he do something wrong?

"Don't touch Y/n. She's mine." Bucky spoke, trying his hardest not to let the heartbreak get to him, "I don't believe you. She'd never cheat on me with...me? Wait, hold on. Where's the arm?"

"Arm? Like the metal arm?" Sebastian asked, "That thing comes in pieces. It's not real. It's a prop. And you're not real, you're who I play on TV."

"TV? I'm not on TV. The only time I am is—....doesn't matter. My arm is real, why don't you have one?"

"Again, it's fake! I don't belong here. I just need to find someone who can get me back to where I came from."

Bucky slowly nodded, backing away from Sebastian and making sure to leave a lot of feet between them. One person he's heard of that can get someone back to where they came from was Strange. He was here a couple of days ago to sort out some space problem with Tony, and Bucky knew exactly where he was.

"I'll help you. But only to get you away from me and never see you again." Bucky sighed, opening his door, "Move."

With a heavy sigh, Sebastian moved and left Bucky's room. Taking cautiousness, Bucky made sure to keep Sebastian in front of him by his neck. Bucky led Sebastian out the Tower, down the dark streets of New York where barely anyone roamed, and finally arrived at 177A Bleecker Street. Bucky knocked on the door which was followed by silence. A gust of wind blew across the two men making Sebastian shiver before they were moved from the front step to right in front of Strange. Bucky pushed Sebastian forward by his neck and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Shit." Strange mumbled floating over to the doppelganger, "So, I see you found him before me."

"Yeah." Bucky snapped, "So fix it."

"Gladly." Strange sighed, lifting Sebastian to his feet, "Hello-"

Strange opened one of his portals leading to another dimension and pushed Sebastian forward.

"Benedict?" Sebastian breathed, right before he was pushed in.

He looked behind him, seeing Strange give an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, he found you first, a bit of a prick at times. Y/n is waiting for you now." Strange smiled, beginning to close the portal.

"Wait-"

"Goodbye."

The portal closed and Strange sighed. His cloak came off and floated over to Bucky, it wrapped itself around Bucky's leg, giving him a hug. Stranges cloak of Levitation always seemed to have a thing for Bucky, it'd wrap itself around Bucky's leg any chance it got.

"He's gone, right? Never to be seen again?" Bucky asked, awkwardly patting the cloak.

"Yes. He won't remember what happened. Any damage caused will be fixed in the next minute. Which means no one will remember this but me." Strange answered, calling the cloak back.

"Hey! It's not that easy. The asshole had something to do with Y/n, and you want me to just forget?" Bucky scoffed.

"Oh, that....that must've been awkward." Strange chuckled, "Yeah, no. It's another version or Y/n. You're Y/n is fine, she's no cheater or whatever you think she is. It's just multiverse stuff. Bye now."

"Hey-"

Bucky couldn't even finish his sentence before time was reversed and he was sent back to your room, sleep. The next time he woke up, you were next to him, sleep as well. He smiled, propping himself up on his elbows and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Something felt off, he knew it but couldn't seem to place his finger on it. Stirring awake, you shifted in your spot, now facing Bucky. Smiling, Bucky tucked a hair behind your ear and placed a kiss on your temple, falling back asleep and cuddled up next to you.

Peaceful once more.