Sacrifices have to be made

Random question of the day: Favorite restaurant fries?

I know I've been making sad ones lately, I'll try and make more happy/fluff ones lol

                     *Bucky's pov*

"This'll be easy."

Where's her smile gone? Where's the happy Y/n I used to know?

"Don't go that way, dumb dumb. The exits over here."

She was so lively, so bubbly all the time. She never let anyone go unnoticed, not even for the worst.

"Steve! Bucky's stuck in the chimney again!"

She used to light up the entire room when she walked in. Everyone's attention was on her.

"How about a little dance before I decide, yeah?"

She picked me of all people that day.

"What can I say? I've got the Brooklyn charm."

She'd dance her way through everything. Even when she was stuck in Hydra with me, that small smile never went unnoticed by me.

"I guess...I just know everything will be okay."

Jesus. If she hadn't have jumped after me, maybe she still would have that smile right now. Maybe if I hadn't have kept her so close, she would've gotten a lighter punishment. Maybe I should've gotten that punishment.

"No one should be for the blame. We look out for each other, we're family."

Family. That's something she would mention right now. But, without that smile, it's not true. I didn't even notice the doors swining open, I didn't notice the voices talking, I could only focus on her and her shallow eyes.

"Soldier." A man, Peirce, snapped his fingers in my face, "The sacrifice was necessary. Without her feelings in the way, we can finally get this world in better shape."

The way he said that. Feelings. He said it with such disgust, it almost made me cringe. What's wrong with feelings? Doesn't he have them too? Dosen't he care about us?

"Stop weeping and stand up. You have another mission."

His voice was harsh, pushing the care I thought he had far from this situation. He dosen't care. He dosen't care about how we feel, he dosen't care about my Y/n, he dosen't care about anything but himself. It made my blood boil. How can someone not care about her? She made things so easy, so carefree for the people around her. He wiped her clean, started fresh, getting rid of everything we've had together. I remember some senerios and it was enough to tell me that she matters to me.

"You start in 10."

They all left, except one guard. He stood by the door, eyes trained outside of it. I swore out the corner of my eye, I saw her frown. Maybe he didn't really start fresh. I saw her sit by the wall, her knees tucked to her chest tightly. Quickly, with the little time I had left, I walked over to her. I had to make sure the guard wasn't near nor could he hear what I was about to say to her.

"Y/n." I whispered, crouching down infront of her, "Y/n look at me."

She did as told, without hesitation. It scared me how fast her reaction to an order was. Her eyes met mine and I felt my heart shatter, although I'm new to this emotion, I don't like it. I don't like to see her upset, I don't like to see her in any state but happy. But that's impossible here.

"I'm going to get us out of here, okay?" I cupped her face, she jumped but slowly rested her head between my hands again, "I'm going to help you. I'm sorry I couldn't stop it, I was...powerless."

"I'm never powerless. I always have an idea."

I saw tears well up in her eyes before she pushed them down. Acting normal. I could tell she was following along.

"Just stay out of trouble, do what you're told until I'm back, okay?" I pleaded, stroking her cheek.

"Да." She whispered back, almost mouthing the word. (Yes.)

Hesitantly, I kissed her forehead and stood up. Leaving the room. I had to get this mission over with, I had to save Y/n and get out of here,

I had to kill Steve Rogers.