Dead or alive

Requested by Aya_009_

Hey guyyys...sooo it's been a month-

I feel like Cory rn 💀

"—and that's why the mainframe needs remodeling. If my suit malfunctions again I'm kicking your ass." Tony scolded, making sure to keep eye contact with you.

"Yeah, yeah." You rolled your eyes, beginning to take apart his suit, "You know, none of this would've happened if you'd just left Peter alone."

Tony scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Silly string is not an ideal trap."

"Yet," You grab a blob of silly string and throw it at Tony, watching it stick to his face, "Here we are."

He tsked as the wet substance hit his face, chuckling after a few moments.

"You're something else, Y/n." He smiled, side-eyeing you as he helped with his suit, "Keep working, asshat."

"Love you too." You smiled.

.

.

That was almost three years ago.

Tony. You thought, almost sobbing as you remembered his name. You managed to escape, managed to get out and return to your home. Where you belonged.

With who you belonged too.

But the pain in your side was quickly spreading, coating the old white bandage in a thick crimson red.

.

.

"Bucky! Look!" You quickly tapped his arm, pointing at Alpine, "I taught him that!"

Bucky looked up from his book, his eyes set on his cat that was on two paws and the other two were outstretched like he wanted a hug. Laughing, Bucky outstretched his arm over your shoulders, kissing your temple.

"That's amazing, doll. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're more amazing than Steve teaching Flag to dance." His eyes crinkled at the corners, looking down at you.

"That's a cold truth he has to learn." You shook your head, calling Alpine over.

He nestled in between you and Bucky, sprawling over the book he was currently reading. You giggled, scratching his belly as he softly clawed at your hand. This was one of those rare moments where you both felt calm, happy, and safe. You felt like you'd found your happily ever after, like a fairytale you once read about.

"I love you, Y/n. So much." Bucky whispered, kissing you deeply.

"I love you too." You spoke, catching your breath.

.

.

You reached the end of the road, your hand clasping tightly to the wound on your side.

You were there.

You made it.

Home.

You felt like crying. You felt weak and your vision had black polka dots everywhere. But you refused to lay down there, you had to make it home. Stumbling through the doors, the scent of Peppermint and Chocolate filled your nose. The snow you tracked in immediately started to melt from the warmth the room gave off. Tears finally pricked your eyes as you saw Steve, rushing through the room with papers in his hand, going back and forth.