But why?

Requested by BuckyFanxxx

Omg I deeply apologize about how long this took :(

Hope you like it, it's sad at first but it gets better <3

Also, let's pretend Natasha can have kids for this rq

"Y/n, doll, it's only for a few hours." Your father, Bucky, aka the Winter Soldier, stood by your side with his hand on your small shoulder, "Uncle Steve will take good care of you while I'm gone."

"Yeah," You pouted, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to Alpine, "Off on your date."

Bucky sighed heavily, before grabbing his keys and his wallet. You were his only child, 10, and he was an only parent. He missed Natasha like crazy and every day you grew up to be just like her. After the incident with Thanos, Bucky tried to be there for you just as much as you were there for him. But, in the end, both of you were in tears from time to time. God, you were just like her. Just as daring, selfless, kind, sweet, and as much attitude as you got from her as possible. He missed the feeling of waking up to someone, and although he'll never find someone as amazing as Natasha, he'd like to not be alone for the rest of his life. You were all he needed, of course, but he needed love too.

"Baby, I know you're upset—"

"I don't want another mom!" You cut him off but immediately reeled back at the look on his face, "I-I'm sorry. I just. . . I don't want anyone but mom. I just want you, Uncle Steve, and Alpine."

Wordlessly, Bucky trailed to the couch and say next to you. He wrapped his big hands around your waist and hoisted you onto his chest. He knew you were crying, he felt the little droplets on his shoulder. Even though it's only been a few weeks since Natasha passed, it still hit you hard. You didn't have a mom. Which meant mothers day was irrelevant, Thanksgiving wasn't the same, your birthday wasn't the same, your parent's anniversary. . . wasn't the same. A few minutes went by in silence as Bucky continued to rub your back.

"Hey, you'll always be my best girl, you know that right?" He whispered, resting his head on the couch.

You nodded, burying your head in the crook of his neck, "Yeah."

"I know you miss her." He started up again, "I do too. But, you need a mother figure, and. . and I'm not very good at this sort of thing. I try my best, you know this. But, sometimes my best doesn't help us enough. I promise you no one will ever compare to your mother, but we can't be alone in this either. I— you need someone who'll help you with your homework and read you stories, or stay up all night on the weekends, or even just take you shopping. Because I refuse to shop in there. Aunt Wanda does that part for me."

You tried to crack a smile at his attempt to cheer you up, but it came out as a broken sob.

"B-but you do that too." You sniffled, pulling away to look him straight in his face, "You stay up all night with me, and you help me with my homework too! You don't need to go shopping with me, I don't even need that stuff!"

Bucky felt tears sting his eyes but chuckled nonetheless.

"I swear I don't need anything but you guys! Please don't go on that date, we can stay here and watch TV with Uncle Steve. We can do homework forever, I'll even wash dishes for you, a-and help you fold the laundry, and I'll make Mac and cheese forever. . . Can we just— can we just watch our favorite show? In the fluffy pajamas?"

Bucky bit his lip to keep from crying out loud. You even made a good argument like her. Silent tears streamed down his face as he stood up, keeping you close to his chest.